bluey
Years ago

Who thinks its good to have Boti Back?

It appears that Boti is back writing for the Advertiser. I think the past 2 days (at least 2 days this week) we have had a full page of basketball.

Personally I think it is great to have Boti back writing, Welcome back.

Topic #11910 | Report this topic

Elmer Fudd  
Years ago

Obvious error in todays paper that Schensher will suit for the Tigers.

Rules state that if a player is unable to qualify for the finals they must play 40% of the games.

As there is not enough games left to play, he can't qualify and therefore playing would result in a forfiet.

Reply #139080 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Mate, did you even read the whole article?

The Tigers bit was a light-hearted comment after he said that he would like some match practice before he heads back to the states.

Reply #139082 | Report this post

fox21  
Years ago

Yes!
I read the whole page!
I like the other guy too.
Boti is entertaining...but I don't get all his jokes ;)

Reply #139083 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good to have him back - more material in the paper, more insight, etc.

Reply #139084 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

great he is back but please boti dont try to be funny because you arent

Reply #139085 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i'd rather bring sexy back.

Reply #139089 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

He has the market for zany facial hair covered - no need to bring that back

Reply #139092 | Report this post

DAVOICE  
Years ago

It is great to have Boti back in print. He is one of the best basketball journalists in Australia and highly respected, even if you don't agree with his views. A sign of his respect (and he doesn't blow his own trumpet) is the fact that he has been nominated for the NBL Hall of Fame in the contributor section. Hope he makes it.

Reply #139098 | Report this post

J Packer  
Years ago

Wat pisses me off about it is Luke never played for Southern Tigers. He is a Noarlunga City Tigers Jnr.

What I find interesting also is that Southern Tigers have never been mentioned so much in the paper since Boti became the Number one coach there.

Reply #139099 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I am not a Tigers member - but that last comment might need some backing up IMO.
I remember quite a few article mentions about the Hodges boys and Josh Wood in the past . Isnt Joe Ingles mentioned quite a bit as a Tiger Jnr too ?
Injuries last season to your PG Clarke and similar snippets were often seen too.

Reply #139101 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Well said Mr Packer!!

Reply #139102 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Kent, too late - I think JT already did that

Reply #139103 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

If Boti's writing bothers you, try reading Rucci's rubbish.

Reply #139106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's great to have Boti back.
He is a fantastic writer!

Reply #139109 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Kent Brockman...

I don't think you and the word 'sexy' fit in the same sentence...

bahahaha!

Reply #139115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very enjoyable reading his articles again.

Funny how he was bagged more often than not. But now most are enjoying his write ups, now that he's back.

Wont be long and you'll be bagging me again........ahemmmm, i meant wont be long and he will be getting bagged again.

Reply #139119 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I thought the same about Reesy Neptune boy and didn't he proove every one wrong.

Reply #139143 | Report this post

not enough  
Years ago

I think there needs to be a write up on one ABL player each week... probably the player of the week, or youngster on the rise or a story of an old hand etc etc. That as well as a write up of all the results.

Do more for the local game Boti!!!!!

Reply #139147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was enjoying reading about basketball a lot more while boti was on holidays. The quantity might be up but the quality is down.

Reply #139161 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Disagree entirely, with much respect to Zac Milbank, I have found most articles in the financial review more engaging.

Glad Boti is back so I can look forward to Thursday's paper again...

Reply #139165 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

139161, you're a biased clown. I can't believe that anyone could say that with a straight face.

Not Enough, Boti often writes more that his editor cuts out - hardly his fault.

Reply #139167 | Report this post

Jake Jarmel  
Years ago

I agree with J Packer in that its quite comical to see Boti "name drop" Southern Tigers junior in any article that he can. Seems like some personal biases have, and will continue, to be a feature of Boti's writing e.g. Brian Goorjian, Shane Heal

On the positive side, he does write terrific descriptions and analytics of games and its terrific to see basketball prominant in the Thursday 'tiser once again.

Also, Boti's article yesterday on Schench made it onto ESPN Insider:

Honing His Skills
Jun 21 - Standing 216cm and, at 25, ready to seize his next opportunity, Luke Schenscher has enjoyed being home and put his "rest" time to good use.
"Schensh" has been hitting the weight room with venom, stacking up six kilo of muscle bulk to now tip the scales at 117kg.

When he isn't working out at the Allan Scott Power Headquarters, he's been on the Distinctive Homes Dome hardwood, honing his skills.

"I've been home for a couple of months now but I'll be back (in the U.S.) from July 4 to play in the summer (pro) league at Las Vegas," he said. "My agent is still finalising details but I'll be playing for a team looking at me for next (NBA) season." -- Adelaide Now

Reply #139175 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Welcome Back Boti.
I look forward to Thursday's paper (as others here have said) & always having a laugh. I really appreciate Boti's sense of humour.
Good to read some informed gossip too.

Reply #139197 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754