Paul
Years ago

Horvath named in Tall Blacks Squad

Well you know you are struggling when you are relying on Nick Horvath to represent your country.

Topic #11911 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Don't be counting any chickens friend...

Reply #139093 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

How are they pulling this off? as discussed before he is a long way off getting citizenship from what i understand.

Reply #139094 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Squad of 19. Citizenship being fast tracked apparently. Horvath will be competing with Casey Frank for the one naturalised player position.

Reply #139095 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Hope he hides the poster of Shane Heal in his locker at training camp!!!

Reply #139097 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Thats harsh - i liked Horvath and think he did a good job for us.

I note that he was,at times, foul prone but whent he guy was given the ball he was great.

He'll beat Frank for that spot IMO if he has got his fitness up.

Reply #139100 | Report this post

past player  
Years ago

The operations manager Paul Bauer was supposed to of checked all this out about his citizenship obviously didnt do his job properly.Horvath told me the sixers were going to resign him based on his citizenship coming through because he was no longer in import.Hope Bauer realises he let us down by not doing his job properly.

Reply #139107 | Report this post

nugget  
Years ago

Get over yourself champ. If you want to air a personal vendetta, show some balls and go and discuss this with paul rather than hiding in a public forum. You might even get a shock that you don't know all there is to know in this situation(god forbid).

Our team's better without Horvath as has been shown in the past with Phil's style (it does not suit back to the basket centres).

Reply #139133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find that the Tall Blacks might have a connection with a rep in the immigrations dept in NZ, something that is not open to their aussie counter parts. It might be worth finding this info out past player, before you have a crack.

Reply #139135 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you're right. And even "fast tracked", I believe it took around four years for someone like Blake Truslove or Casey Frank.

If Ballinger naturalises, how many will be worried that Horvath was let go? (I like both, but would take Ballinger first.)

Reply #139139 | Report this post

past player  
Years ago

Ballinger is definately better but Nugget or should i just call you Pottsie it doesnt change the fact he didnt do his research if he did he would of known Horvath could get this done.Nothing personal he just didnt do his job and this isnt the only time.

Reply #139146 | Report this post

nugget  
Years ago

past player, call me what ever you want but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Not to mention you've contradicted yourself by saying that Ballinger is better. And I thought Potsie let us down! Tool.

Reply #139158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger is better than Horvath but if we were able to keep Horvath as well, that would've been nice.

I'd take Horvath over Dench or Cooper

Reply #139279 | Report this post

past player  
Years ago

Thanks anonymous my point exactly i guess Pottsie didnt do his research although it would appear he can lower himself to name calling or is it Nugget yea what ever

Reply #139297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone stop to think that just maybe the coaching staff didn't want him back, and the whole immigration topic you are going on about could be irrelevant? But why enter logic into this topic.

Reply #139307 | Report this post

nugget  
Years ago

FTR, I don't know pottsie from a bar of soap but I am sick of this forum being used as an excuse to air dirty laundry. I don't believe that's what it's designed for. I could be wrong.

Reply #139321 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

i think Horvath is an alright player and i would have to admit the tall blacks have really stuggled to develop strong tall centers and forwards. It would b great if we can get Sean Marks back

Reply #139330 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

American Nick Horvath has already missed out, having failed to gain NZ citizenship in time to contest the one naturalised spot on the roster. He has been replaced in the camp by Bay Hawks forward Callum Baynes.

Reply #140477 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754