ritz
Years ago

NEWLEY NBA DRAFT LINK

http://www.nba.com/draft2007/profiles/BradNewley.html

Topic #11943 | Report this topic

david  
Years ago

Interesting to note that the current players that were selected in the draft between 51-60 in the second round, don't number too highly. Of the current still around that were picked this late in the second round, only 2 are stand outs, Kyle Korver 51 in 2003 and Manu Ginobli in 1999. Will Brad Newley potentially be another Ginobli. I think he can be..
Newley in 2007. 4 years between each standout!!

Reply #139573 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

did you just say that brad newley could reach ginobilli's level?...thats just wrong
No chance in hell...

Reply #139575 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Its sounds far fetched when using hindsight in regard to what Ginobilli has achieved...but.....put Newls now, next to G back then when he was a complete unknown foreign player....see...you just never know.

Reply #139577 | Report this post

Jake Jarmel  
Years ago

I think its more and more likely that Brad will get selected in the second round and stay in Aus for a couple more years before heading over for a solid NBA career (YAH for Sixers fans). ESPN's Chad Ford has Newley at 53 to the Blazers says as much, although I think he's a bit off with the team that will select him (see below):

53. Portland Trail Blazers (from Chicago)

Brad Newley | SG | Australia
Newley is a gritty scorer who can continue to develop his game in Australia until the Blazers find a roster spot for him.

Reply #139607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754