TR
Years ago

Stoudamire a Hawk?????

A recent rumour getting round is another Stoudamire could be joining the Hawks, and it's not Damon.

Reports are that Amare Stoudamire could be re-joining Joe Johnson in
Atlanta.

Deal proposed is

Garnett heading the Phoenix

Amare heading to Atlanta

Sota goes into rebuild and gets picks 3 and 5 plus expiring contracts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2917781

If I'm Atlanta I'm all over that deal. Next years draft is loaded with PG's. Hell trade anyone not name Josh Smith and Joe Johnson for a pointguard.

Topic #11977 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Sorry, picks 3 and 11... Boston owns 5.

Reply #139874 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

If this trade goes through it will be huge for the hawks.WOuldnt be surprised now if the Matrix will be staying in Phoenix. With picks 3 and 11 which players in the draft would fit Sota best?

Reply #139880 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I think i might change my mockdraft a bit if this trade goes through =)

Reply #139881 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

StoudEmire, TR. I thought you were just stating the obvious with Salim.
;-)

I have to say, if this trade does go through, I wouldn't know how to feel. As an Amare fan, I'd be sad to see him leave the Suns, but KG would be awesome to have...

I'd still like to see the Suns give this current squad at least one more crack, and hope that nothing goes wrong and they can win the championship. Then if they can't get over the hump, explore other options.

Reply #139882 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Only problem is if they want to take one more crack at the championship with this team and then try and get Garnett the season after Kevin will be one year older and if injury occurs could be closer to retiring.

Having said that i think KG still has a few years in him and i hope he gets a taste of playoff success before his successful career comes to an end.

Reply #139884 | Report this post

Jesse ventura  
Years ago

Haha you reffered to Minnesota as 'Sota'.

Yeah Hawks get a great pick up, but feel bad for Amare...

Hopefully he will get traded on again some day, TO A CONTENDER!!!

Reply #139886 | Report this post

Mr. Big Shot#1  
Years ago

Cheeze would be loving this..his hawks will finally win more than 50 games a season.

Reply #139887 | Report this post

No one else thinks with amare atlanta would make the ECF? Who could guard him in the east? lets say they got Steve blake too... suddenly atl look like:

Blake
JJ
Smith
Marvin
Amare

thats the best starting lineup in the east, right there. Childress, the super sub coming off the bench, Shelden coming in and banging bodies around...

I like this trade. I guess thomas' contract will be thrown in. But if phoenix can get higher in the draft and get noah, then get Posey off FA, thats a better team i think. Everyone wins in this trade.

Reply #139898 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think Atlanta give it a big crack in the East with the addition of Amare. It gives them a legit big three in Josh Smith, Joe Johnson and Amare while Childress is a pretty good 6 man.

If I'm Sota I also do it (just to dump KG's contract) and rebuilding through one of the potentially strongest drafts in a long time. To have three lottery picks in this draft would be huge.

Pick 3: Horford
Pick 7: Brewer
Pick 11: Al Thorton/Thad Young/Julian Wright or who ever drops.

Reply #139902 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah when can you start to pre order jerseys?

Reply #139906 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think this trade works for every team - Suns could compete straight away for the title. Minnesota can rebuild with 3 good players from the deepest draft in years (probbaly miss the playoff and get another pick next year) and the Hawks get get an All-Star who is still young - with Smith and Joe Johnson they would likely make the playoffs.

ELG your call of best starting lineup in the East is a stretch - I think they would be a a 40 win team at best.

Reply #139916 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

I see this as a massive trade for Minny... picking 3-7-11-41 (plus - Pachulia (a good back-up C) and Johnson (a guy who seemingly has no neck)) in this draft - a nice young triumvirate of guys (McCants, Foye, Smith)... Howard was a good pickup, Despite what some believe - Blount isn`t THAT bad considering the overall quality of NBA C`s these days... Yes - Huddo, Jaric, and Virginia Madsen stink and benefited from McHale`s negotiatiating skills - but that`s life... Clear the decks and start again... Can it get any worse for Minny - One of the best PFs of all time on your roster and you can`t even make meaninigful noise in the playoffs... ATL, PHX, MN - please get this done... (I know i stated earlier that i am a `cats fan now - but will always have a soft spot for Minny - inspite of my oft-injured heart)...

Reply #139919 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

so the hawks should wait next year for a pg then??(lue is no starting guard)

Reply #139921 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Forgot about Ricky Davis... Am undecided on him... Supremely talented player - too many loose marbles perhaps... I like to think if he were given a co-captaincy he might change - but then again he might not... And the last thing you want is a guy like that spending too much time in a locker room full of guys under 22-23 years of age...

Reply #139923 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Next years draft has some good names at the PG.

Some names floating around are:

OJ Mayo (projected top 10)
Derrick Rose (already talked about No 1 pick)
Eric Gordon (projected top 10)
Darren Collision (projected top 10)
Jerryd Bayliss (projected lottery)
Ty Lawson (project mid 1st round)

Reply #139928 | Report this post

Plus steve blake is a FA.........

Reply #139934 | Report this post

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46751/20070627/garnett_deal_vetoed_by_hawks_owner/

damn it

Reply #139936 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I have to say as far as PG prospects go the young Finn - Petteri Korvalen (sp) sounds intriguing... We might be surprised as to where he ends up tommorrow... Good size and he really put on a show at the Hoops Summit or whatever it is called)... He could be (in a few years time) - the next underrated PG prospect who makes it big - ie TP, Nash...

Reply #139938 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Oh crap... On reflection it seemed like a fair deal (skewed toward Minny IMHO - but with a lot of risks too) for all three teams... Of course the owners of ATL have been bickering like highschool girls in the dunnies - so it's not that surprising that this has happened (if true)... Hope springs eternal tho...

Reply #139940 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Deal is off - Atl owners vetod the trade.

Simmons made a good point - why would you send Amare to a team when you have there pick next year - it is not like Minnesota would not just take Amare - I'm sure he would be better than any 3rd and 11th pick

Reply #139942 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Two words why Minny might not want Amare - Microfracture Surgery...

That spectre will hang over Amare a while yet...

I'd take the 3 & 11 any day plus the alleged throw ins of Pachulia and Johnson... But i'm a gambler...

Reply #139943 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Cheeze why would u wanna go for a PG next year when Phoenix gets your pick you need this deal to happen so you dont give them a gun pick

Reply #139944 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Johnny, the kid your thinking off is Petteri Koponen.

Koponen is a pass first, pass second, shoot third type of point guard. He's got great height and could slip into the bottom end of the 1st round, especially if the team wants to keep them in Europe.

I just love the name of the team he's playing on now in Finland...

Honka Playboys

Reply #139954 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

QUOTE: "Any trade involving first-round draft picks cannot be announced until after the end of the round. If the Hawks trade one or more picks, they will make the selection on behalf of another team."

I found this in a story about the alleged trade... Someone might be playing funny bunnies... This may still be going through - Perhaps Minny have requested this rumor to float around to suit their plans RE: the 11th pick - just spitballing - other teams picking between 8th and 11th teams might draft differently if they know or assume that Minny will be drafting for a certain position at 11 - as opposed to ATL drafting...

Let's wait this one out...

Reply #139973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754