Anonymous
Years ago

So Newleys gone, what now for his spot

Congratulations to Brad newley for making it to the Rockets. Now what happens to his spot in the sixers line-up?

Topic #12016 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

guys may i remind you he ISNT gone from the sixers yet. he wnt get a roster spot then the rockets will either send him bak here to the sixers or to euro. dont give up yet!..

Reply #140274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets have 9 guards on contract. They have no starting power forward or backup centre and are already at their allowable 15 player squad maximum.

It's safe to assume he won't be with the Rockets this year. Though he could still sign with an Euro team.

Reply #140280 | Report this post

Realistic  
Years ago

He isnt going to sign in Europe.. He sounds like a mammas boy anyway.. Big fish in small pond

Reply #140281 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Realistic player hater??

"He sounds like a mammas boy anyway"

You sound like an idiot!

Reply #140283 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

haha agree..

Reply #140285 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

realistic sounds like a jealous beiatch !

Reply #140289 | Report this post

k  
Years ago

newley could play small forward so dnt rule him out yall.

Reply #140293 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the Rockets site:

"He's someone that we think can develop over time," Morey said. "He may play in the summer league with us, but we haven't had a chance to speak with him yet."

Reply #140304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he could prolly play SF in a yr or so when hes stronger i see him playing here for a yr or 2 then making it in the NBA think about how much ore he impressed this yr compared to last in workouts

Reply #140317 | Report this post

Dame  
Years ago

Damien Ryan will be signed if newley goes

Reply #140333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he doesnt play then they shouls thrown money at Ben Knight (if Singapore fold) - he is the sort of player that the team lacks

Reply #140345 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

140333 I thought Damien Ryan had signed elsewhere?

Reply #140359 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Maybe the Sixers can make a play for Phil Jones?

Reply #140385 | Report this post

Basket 49  
Years ago

Phil Jones would make sense. Bring in a scoring machine to replace a scoring machine.

Reply #140392 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

At this stage, believe it or not (because I was surprised), the sixers have absolutely NO plan B.

They did not even consider that he might not be there next season.

Crap Planning guys.

Ryan is likely to go the Europe path.

The 6ers have screwed up royally here. If Newley does not return to Adelaide, or even mid-season the rockets decide to call him up they're stuffed. They have points available and money available but there's no talent pool to draw on to replace him. They don't have an import slot and, assuming the likely continuation of the Slingers, they will have another team to compete with for what's left.

The problem is that newley is now owned by Houston. He could be scoring 30 per game for you guys and mid-season they say they want him in Houston.......you lose 30 per game.

Reply #140435 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon Jones might be close to signed elsewhere.

Ryan would be a better chance if they can out-bid Perth. Today's article from Boti suggests that they aren't really worrying about it for now.

Reply #140449 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Phil Jones will probably sign withthe Breakers.

Reply #140491 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

My mail is Jones will be a Breaker too.

Reply #140497 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For those interested, I found this direct quote from the owner of the Rockets, Leslie Alexander:

We purchased Orlando's 54th pick Thursday morning for [US]$200,000...

Reply #140588 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

It's probably from you that i heard it DICKO :)

Reply #140689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D ryan is either going to europe or signing with perth.or i should say " Re-Signing with Perth.

Reply #140979 | Report this post

in the loop  
Years ago

D ryan is either going to europe or signing with perth.or i should say " Re-Signing with Perth.

Reply #140980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754