Johnny Sack
Years ago

RE: Great Speeches...

Jim Valvano - '93 ESPY Awards "Goodbye" Speech...

Came across this while i was searching for Al Pacinos "Inches" speech from "Any Given Sunday"... I had heard about Jim Valvano's final speech (two months before his passing) at the 93 ESPYs but never saw it til today...

Quick background - 83 NCAA Championship coach and one of the most respected/loved figures in NCAA basketball til his untimely death from cancer in 1993...

A witty, poignant, and dignified last goodbye... That still rings true whether or not you know who he was -

Topic #12027 | Report this topic

Bella  
Years ago

For the inches speech - If you go to the SA Country website, then go to their newsletter #1 (under secondary menu) - It was put in there about page ?two or 3. If you cant find it re-post and I will forward it to you. Thanks for posting this speech - it was beautiful!

Reply #140439 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

sensational, puts life into prospective .i want to here more speeches like that anyone have a link they can hook me up with?

Reply #140485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754