olskoolgamer
Years ago

NBA Signings

Walton remains at Lakers, 6 years, 30 mil.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922663

Kapono signs with Toronto, 4 years, 24 mil.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922597

Carter stays with Nets, 4 years approx 60 mil

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922561

Thoughts??

Topic #12034 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Carters interesting.. thought he wouldnt be a net next season.. surprised me..

Walton didnt surprise me at all.. he will be a laker for life hopefully unlike kobe.. who we all no needs out from laker town..

Reply #140451 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Kapono gets rewarded for taking his oportunity in Miami Last season when they had players out through injury and he saw some serious minutes.

Another example of how oportunity and luck plays a bit part in being successful in the NBA.

Reply #140464 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Oops - that is meant to be BIG part :)

Reply #140465 | Report this post

Will Kapono learn the hard way like Damon Jones. When your a spot up shooter it is better to play with Shaq. 24 million is a great deal for him though.

Reply #140476 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Pity the only way to get the dollars, was to go to Toronto....

Gool luck though, great shooter...

Reply #140481 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

what is that supposed to mean DB5

Reply #140483 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Toronto is not a team that will see finals action past the first round for a while.

Reply #140488 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

It is supposed to mean that it is a pity he had to go to a average team like Toronto to get the dollars, more of a chance of winning in Miami.

Good luck though, great shooter means good luck to him, way to get a better contract, he is a good shooter.

Reply #140489 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

yea it is a pitty when someone signs on for more money at a better team I'm still feeling the sting of 06

Reply #140493 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hamma, who do you mean??

IMO, Miami was the better team here....

Reply #140495 | Report this post

How is miami the better team? Theyre stuck in salary cap hell, wade doesn't get the calls anymore, their team is full of lazy players with no heart (now theyve got a ship) miami has, in 1 year, turned into the worst franchise.

Reply #140498 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I would rather be in Toronto than Miami right now... (except for the weather)

Toronto has a Franchise player in Bosh, and a good young core.

Miami has an aging Shaq (another 3 years at 20 mil just kills the salary cap for them!!) and Walker who will get fatter each year. So no cap room for like 3-4 years of Wade's prime. I can't see Miami getting much past the first round for a few years, but Toronto will soon.

Reply #140499 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair call guys, forgot sbout Walker, thought he would retire...
Thought it was just Shaq's huge contract (and ass) to deal with...
I reckon Wade will still get the calls though..
Toronto looks a bit better after reading that though.

Reply #140503 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

mmm - thats what i though...thats why i asked...toronto are shaping up to be a great side

Reply #140506 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I agree. Toronto shhould hand the reigns over to Calderon and try and deal Ford in my opinion, he is a better shooter and was consistently the better player for them last year.

Reply #140508 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Really though, apart from Bosh, and Bagnani you would not really say their roster is that flash....depends on cap room I guess...

Reply #140511 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

true - calderon is a better shot...a great pg who would start for most teams...and he was more consistant...but...the reason the raptors turned it around so much...or at least one of the main reasons was because of the TANDEM at the 1 spot...u could spell both of them on the bench without losing anything...if u must...deal calderon because hes out of contract next year and will be looking for $$$$$ and a starting role...something toronto will probably not offer him

Reply #140512 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

their roster is full of unselfish, team orientated and decent role players...anthony parker at sg was a prize steal from free agency - he showed how good he is later in the season, tj and calderon? how can u leave them out...and bosh is a great player who cares about nothign but winning...the rest all contribute, especially garbajosa who is the ultimate glue guy...does it all

Reply #140514 | Report this post

------  
Years ago

I go for Miami and they're gunn. Wade is the best and shaq is gonna hav a ripper season. R u sure Kapono left? ANyway Portland Trailblazers are gonna be really good.(Could win the championship if Heat don't) There whole roster is gunn after they piked up some decent players - Greg Oden, Steve Francis, Channing Frye plus they got other greats like Brandon Roy and watch out for Aldrige and Jarret jack. Cheers

Reply #140518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give portland 3 years then they will become a dynasty!

Reply #140526 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Portland will win the championship if Miami dont. Neither will win. Where does everyone think Chauncey Billups is gonna go. Will he stay in Detroit?

Reply #140528 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Neither Portland nor Miami will win!
Wade will come back half way through the season and everyone else is aging on the team.

Portland have a lot of potential - but its all on paper so far, they are yet to win anything. History shows teams that win championships need to have some playoff experience first. So this will be at least 2-3 years away, maybe more.

I think Chauncey will stay. Pistons will give him enough money to stay and its probably where he would prefer to stay. He has no real reason to bolt, and this is his last big contract, so he isn't going to go to a contender for less money.

Reply #140607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754