DB5
Years ago

Isiah - What next???

Knicks coach Isiah Thomas urged a team cheerleader to flirt with NBA referees to "make them happy" and Stephon Marbury had sex with a team employee who felt coerced into the liaison, bombshell court papers charge.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/9730?eref=nbc_sports

What next??

Isiah needs to be out of the league, good player, cancer in the front office though on every team..

And here was me thinking that Starbury did not score at all last year!!

Topic #12035 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

He is still good at evaluating draft prospects, and the players even respect him as a coach. He just happens to be a terrible GM.

I am surprised the Knicks ever hired him after he ruined the CBA.

I would like to see him on the knicks payroll, but as a scout, or the coach.

The case will end up being settled out of court and Isiah will keep his job as long as the Knicks improve this year. If they don't make the playoffs I think he will be gone...

Reply #140453 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Coach??

Ask Indiana what happens when you do that!

Reply #140454 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah I know Iniana wasn't the best run for him, but he seems to have the respect of a bunch of misfits at New York. Some top players around the league say how much they respect him, which can be valuable in the coaching game. The big test for him will be this year...

Reply #140462 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Almost worth checking the odds of him being out of a job at mid year...lol..

Anyway, Randolph should fit in quite comfortably in that team.

Reply #140467 | Report this post

Larry Legend  
Years ago

You have to get a guy like him out of the office. thinks too highly of himself and makes others around him worse. Great player terrible Coach/GM. What kind of example is he setting.. Someone kick his a$% off of that high horse of his..

Reply #140470 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

More on Isiah's case here...

In the papers, which were unsealed Friday, Browne Sanders alleges cheerleader Petra Pope told her Thomas encouraged Pope to flirt with officials before a game against the Nets in 2004, the Daily News reported.

"What she told me was that Isiah asked her to go into the referees' locker room and make them happy," Browne Sanders testified

Link

Browne Sanders filed the lawsuit last year, claiming she was fired "for telling the truth" while going through internal channels to stop the harassment. She has accused Thomas of telling her he was "very attracted" to her and "in love" with her and tried to kiss her

Could be in a spot of bother if it is true...

Reply #140590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754