caughtinatrap
Years ago

Crows, going nowhere fast.

The Crows have had a heap of soft tissue injuries during craigs reign and his much heralded fitness guru tag must surely be questioned now.
The crows have continued on a downward spiral since the middle of last year and now can't win a game at home.
What's the problem?
We haven't had a forward since Modra and don't seem to have gone out of our way to get one. The window which was wide open for a premiership has closed with our aging runners all but spent.
Craig has largely escaped negative press but surely his days would be numbered with results being average and below par with the talent he has had in the past 3 years.
Have we recruited well? Are we well set up for the future? I don't think so. It seems like the Crows board are self satisfied with the club membership numbers and middle of the road returns and don't seem overly interested in turning it around.
Is craig the man?

Topic #12047 | Report this topic

Footy 96  
Years ago

yes. Craig is the Man!

Reply #140641 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Too many injuries. Missed chances last two years.

Get Pavlich back and it wont matter who is coaching but Michael Voss is the man.

Reply #140643 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

FFS this is a basketball forum,Football.

STFU about how the Crows are going or the Port Powers.

Reply #140646 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Basketball forum, NOT football

Reply #140647 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

I agree that having no forward is a pain, but the crows have tried to throw mega bucks at forwards in the past (eg both the holland boys, the pav, the carey debacle), but as good forwards are hard to come by most clubs scramble to keep them come hell or high water.

As for saying our juniors arent up to scratch, i couldnt disagree more. We have a good group of young midfielders coming through, the likes of reilly and knights, and dont forget that johncock and rutten are still pretty young. I think with what Craig has been given, aside from injury, he has done well with our squad (remember the vast improvement from Ayres to Craig? mind you Ayres was pretty ordinary)

And Snitch? man we know its a bball forum, if you dont like the subject heading, man dont read it! Footy will die down when NBL season hits again chief!

Reply #140650 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Reilly and Knight...ha ha ha...

They need to chase Fev.

Reply #140654 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

jimmy im pretty sure there is a offtopic section for stuff like this if you dont want to read it then stfu and leave

Reply #140655 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

No more football threads! Port supporters like to troll in them!
I agree, this is Hoops SA for basketball and for AFL, that doesn't mean we can never have a footy thread again though :P

ANYWAYS, Craig is a very intelligent and professional coach, he just needs to make coaching moves quicker during the games.

Michael Voss assistant coach?

For those who watch the Footy Show, Gary Lyon will coach the Demons :P

Reply #140656 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There is an AFL category for football threads. If you don't want to read them, they're easy enough to avoid.

They're there for those here that want to discuss football.

Reply #140660 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"They're there for those here"

confusing...ha ha.

Reply #140662 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

We definitely have enough good young players - Rutten, Johncock, Bock, Knights, even Thompson is under still 25.

As for the comment about putting up average results the last couple of years, I'd say that making it to the prelim. final two years straight was a solid achievement, it was just bad luck that we had to play such loaded West Coast sides both years.

Reply #140669 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I'm just sick of supporters from other teams trolling and saying "Crows suck" "Crows won't make the 8" "Crows are too old"

And Crows do have a good enough team to make the 8 and quite possibly the top 6

Reply #140677 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

123abc, you are the number one at bagging Port!!

Reply #140681 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Don't forget Trent Potential... if he hadn't had that horror injury last year he was looking at being an absolute gun forward.. just bad luck there.

Anyways, GO THE MIGHTY TIGES!!!!!

Reply #140687 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

No, i'm the number 1 at bagging Port trollers!

I have no problem with Port, sometimes i support them to win! I supported them in the 2004 grandfinal!

Reply #140690 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that up Isaac. For a minute there I thought this was a reprint of last seasons 36ers thread with some names changed, but then I realised they were talking about the Crows..
familiar language though...

Reply #140691 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

It seems that Neil Craig takes way to long to make decisions during a match. Scott Stevens had a shocker in the backlines all day and it took until the final five minutes when the game was already over for craig to move him to the forward line where he kicked 2 goals in a few minutes.

Reply #140716 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

oh I forgot GO THE POWER pretty good for a developing side

Reply #140717 | Report this post

fully sick monaro  
Years ago

fev is the way

Reply #140741 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

All this talk about Port Adelaide supporters, and no-one's brought up the old "tradition" argument. So, here's a hand grenade ..... ;-)

Reply #140752 | Report this post

IamIsaid  
Years ago

Moses I've just twigged what Port's problem is , They're playin players too old by the looks of it above.

Reply #140755 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah don't know how we are one of the youngest sides with Russell suiting up..

Looks good though..

Moses are you a Bulls AND Port fan??

Reply #140757 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

DB5, is the Pope Catholic? Amen to the Bulls and Power. The 1990s were good times, good times.

Reply #141334 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Well hat's off to you mate...
Very smart man....

Yes, love those 90s...

Reply #141367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754