EC
Years ago

John Rillie wins 2nd NBL POTW

It is announced on the NBL website that John Rillie has won his 2nd consecutive Player of the Week award. Have the NBL forgotten about a little town in South Australia called Adelaide, home of the Pura Milk Sixers.

In recent weeks there have been some pretty outstanding achievements amongst some of these players.

Topic #1205 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thing is, the 36er stats are spread amoungst the entire team, in particular Brett, Willie, and Dusty. But i agree, the NBL has gone a bit Townsville crazy if you ask me.

Reply #13583 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rillie had 29, 9 and 7!

Brett had, what, 23 and 10 assists? Great stats, but 29, 9 and 7 is a better POTW candidate.

Adelaide's best chance has been Rychart in Round 2 (20, 16 and 7 against Townsville) but he was beaten by McGregor (26, 10 and 5 on 10-14 shooting).

Reply #13650 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What about 26 & 13 against the Pigs?

Reply #13651 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How many shots did he take? 13-28 (46%) to Rillie's 10/16 (63%).

The NBL seem to give weight to accuracy, game-winning performances and broad statlines (and I have no disagreement with that).

I'd rather that someone get it twice in a row for playing well than they try to make sure that every team wins the award once just to keep fans happy.

There are a number of players doing well but missing out. Burgess didn't get it despite 20-something rebounds against Perth, Horvath posted two 25+ point games last round, Maher has been incredibly consistent, etc.

At least Maher and Rychart got honourable mentions.

Reply #13652 | Report this post

ShutUp!!!  
Years ago

I know its a cliche but, I'd rather we won the game than one of Players got the POTW.

I know we are not supposed to see votes, but I know a player from a Div 1 side that lost comfortably last night got the Referees 1st preference vote. I'm pretty sure his Coach would rather have won the game, than his player get 3 Votes. Dind't even know there was a Medal for the Silly season!!

Reply #13786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754