Fish
Years ago

3 Umpires has to go!!!

3 Umpires on each Aba game has got to get the boot!!!!!!!!!

Some games have been called well however it costs our club too much to pay extra umpires, plus the standard is simply not there.

I think there no more than 10 good umpires in the ABA

3 umpires on every game spreads these guys too thin.

thats my three cents worth.
What do others think?

Topic #12052 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Get over it, it will be in for the finals, and most people are very happy with it. I wouldn't be putting my house on it but I'd have a fifty on it that it will happen next year for the season.

Reply #140696 | Report this post

Benq  
Years ago

It will work much better in the finals. Less games to cover means the better ref's will be used together. I can't recall the last time I saw two top quality refs on the same game.

Reply #140700 | Report this post

wateva  
Years ago

wah wah wah

cost too much for my club. The clubs here don't pay that much any way. You want a better quality ref and don't want to pay the money needed to provide the training and development of new or existing referees. A lot of time and money is required to produce the standard that you keep whinging and whining for.

Reply #140705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fish must be getting caught for more of his dirty off the ball stuff now theres an extra ref to see it.

Reply #140707 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

We are all actually taking a pay cut (a significant one at that) to accommodate the 3rd referee on the game, so there shouldn't be much (if any) extra additional cost for clubs in regards to referee payments.

Reply #140732 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

they has been working out the kinks in div 4 at wayville and i have found the refing to be much better more consistant so surely it cant be that bad

Reply #140747 | Report this post

Sponsor  
Years ago

Just a thought.
Why do they not get a naming rights sponsor which could pay the wages.

In return the sponsor would get good coverage with the name on there shirts.

Even if they at least covered the difference in cost plus some training costs I think it would work.

Reply #141013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Agree with the sponsor Idea... that would take a lot of heat of BSA in terms of having to finance the referees - means more affordable sport for everyone and also the opportunity to organise better pay for the officials, which is a very big reason for kids leaving to go work at McDonalds.
WIN - WIN

Reply #141014 | Report this post

Benq  
Years ago

The referees could all run around with their name and phone number written on their backs like Malcolm Evans used to. That could be a segway to 'Where are they now?'

Reply #141019 | Report this post

Sponsor  
Years ago

I just found out they already have a sponsor - Coke!!! On the website but could do with squeezing some more $$$ out of them for shirts with there name on it etc

Reply #141054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754