Fav Son
Years ago

Ninnis declares Norwood Favs

Tonight on the Coast FM show Scott Ninnis gave his vote to the Norwood Flames as the Favorites for this years ABL title, seemed to think it would be against North...but felt they were too young a group to have success just yet.
Do agree with his thinking but also think North have a better structure.
I think if experience is going to be a factor this year, Forestville should be favs hands down!

Topic #12056 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

I think Norwood will win it this year. With a gun in Toddy Matthews running the point and guys like Cooper, Thomo and Krause banging the boards they look the goods.

I think that with their experience Forrestville will make it through to the Grand Final.

Forrestville i think have been Norwoods bogey team although hopefully Norwood have got the monkey off their back after their win on the weekend.

So a Norwood Forestville Grand Final with Norwood winning and Todd Matthews MVP.

Reply #140733 | Report this post

Pierre  
Years ago

I would have to agree on current form but any team with Rychart will be danegrous come finals time.

I though the segement was excellent well done to Scott and the boys. I hope it becomes a weekly segment.

Reply #140758 | Report this post

Pierre  
Years ago

I would have to agree on current form but any team with Rychart will be danegrous come finals time.

I though the segement was excellent well done to Scott and the boys. I hope it becomes a weekly segment.

Reply #140759 | Report this post

Pierre  
Years ago

I though the segement was excellent well done to Scott and the boys. I hope it becomes a weekly segment.Perhaps it is time for the weekly summary to make a comeback?

Reply #140760 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

On current form it is also tough to look past the Rockets though, 7 game win streak which has included 3 of the top 5 teams and also have consistently been holding teams to under 80 points...
That said Norwood are going along nicely will be interesting to see what the outcome is in two weeks time between these 2 teams.

Reply #140762 | Report this post

gonna be close  
Years ago

Norwood vs North GF for me. Forestville outside chance but have to get there away from home which will be tough. Rychart is definately a massive obsticle for all teams to get past but if any team can it is Norwood. They have Cooper, Krause and Thomopson to throw at him. Its going to be an awesome finals series. All three of these teams can beat each other on any given night.

This is how I think it will pan out. North will beat Norwood on the last game of the series to clinch top spot, so Norwood will play Forestville in 1st round double chance final, while West will play host to Sturt. I think Norwood and West will be victors here which will leave North to play Norwood at Hillcrest in qualifying final and Forestville to play West in eliminination semi in week 2. Think North will win again at home here and West upset Forestville , which will send North thru to the GF and then see a Norwood vs West preliminary final. Norwood will beat West by heaps and go on to win the flag at the Dome against North.

Thought I would throw West in there cos I think there will be some sort of upset in the finals some where and West would be loving all the talk on this forum at the moment as there is never any mention of them. Talk about going under the radar! They are sitting nicely in fourth position, only a game out of 3rd and a double chance. They have Forestville this week which should see where they are at. Don't think they can make the GF, but would not be surprised if the get past Sturt and loser of the double chance semi to make a surprise vist to a preliminary final. Probably still either a couple of years away from a championship with the team they have, but throw in a Cioffi next year, or even another genuine 4 man(Lalic) and they could get there next year.

Reply #140769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard that Rychart will not be playing finals as he is required for NBL pre-season in Brisbane...

If that is the case... write North off.

Reply #140773 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

Rychart will be with the Rockets right through to the end....including nationals if they make it...got that from the horses mouth!

Reply #140785 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Well, Norwood have Thompson and Cooper to throw at Rychart.. Krause couldn't defend Mother Theresa in a murder trial

Reply #141022 | Report this post

Yeh, Krause defence is so bad, he could not even defend your virginity, lockstock.

Reply #141111 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

neither could I

Reply #141497 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754