Anonymous
Years ago

U18 GIRLS DIV 2

wandering how this comp is coming along, anybody know much about the girls?

Topic #1206 | Report this topic

Bluey  
Years ago

Forestville, Sturt 1 and South 1 are all strong teams. All have alot of depth within their teams. Then there is West, North and Norwood with good teams, just seeming inconsistent at the moment. Yet its silly season so who knows.

Reply #13849 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Hey Rookie! I've seen quite a few division 2 girls games....all of them have seemed pretty damn even, very close encounters. Another close league, which is fun and good for competition and the 'spirit' with which its played at in U18 2 girls!

Reply #13854 | Report this post

Shark  
Years ago

Good to see Tigers up to their usual tricks. Playing their best U/18 Girl in Division Two tonight because the 1's had a Bye.

If that isn't reason enough to scrap the current system then what is????

Reply #14061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i didnt think that you could play div ones in div 2 its crazy its not like it was a make or beak game tigers hadnt wone a game untill they got a bit of extra help... ppfffft!

Reply #14079 | Report this post

Bluey  
Years ago

She scored 14 and F/ville lost by 13. Sounds fair doesnt it. Unfortunately F/ville didnt play their best and didnt take advantage on some situations. But hey, we'll see who is better when the time comes.

Reply #14114 | Report this post

#sHoRtY#  
Years ago

I dont think it fair how they put div 1 girls in there team becuase they had a bye. Becuase it changes every out come i mean hello she scored 14 pionts and without those pionts they would have lost.
F/ville beat norward... sweet.

Reply #14800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah she only scored 14 points... buts thats not always what counts, did she set up much offence? one person has the ability to get everyone motivated into playing their best, a good player can bring the best out in everyone. i mean its only silly season and it dosent really matter buwt its the morals of it all... shorty do u play f/ville or something?

Reply #14822 | Report this post

chick bballer  
Years ago

to answer u 'Anonymous' the div 1 southerns chick did set up a lot of offense, she was about the only one cutting thru the key and kept their offenses moving. u do hav to question how fair it is drop a div 1 player just coz they had a bye.
i dont reckon they would have won without her but i spose we will all see next time they encounter each other again.

seems f/ville was uneffected by that loss to southerns... they beat norwood right?

Reply #14829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not just one div 1 player, it was like 3. i saw the game southern div 2's dont play that great without a little help...especially not good enough to beat the equal top team. good to c eagles back to their winning form against norwood. well done girls!!

Reply #14830 | Report this post

scrubber  
Years ago

this has turned into a f/ville forum... hey dont get me wrong i dont hava prob with that but other teams results wud be nice:)

Reply #14855 | Report this post

chick bballer  
Years ago

maybe no other teams wanna post coz they aren't doing as well as f/ville atm!! :P

but it would b good to see other results, to see who f/ville's main competition r gonna b. shall b an interesting season.

Reply #14942 | Report this post

scrubber  
Years ago

is everyone whos poasting her play f/ville... lol i do

Reply #15054 | Report this post

chick bballer  
Years ago

scrubber, wat team r u in at f/ville? just curious!!

Reply #15056 | Report this post

Pure Baller  
Years ago

west's coach is he the guy that used to coach at north

Reply #15091 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

actually the ONE southern girl who played div 2 that week had been dropped due to not telling her coach a week in advance that she couldn't play the following week. Fair enough, she broke the rules of the club, so she went down. That's all it wasn't to beat Fville or play unfairly.

Reply #15156 | Report this post

Years ago

the ONE southern girl can't hav been dropped permanently coz she was back up playing div 1 the following week after playing f/ville. just an observation.

Reply #15168 | Report this post

scrubber  
Years ago

haha... you got served... lol

Reply #15263 | Report this post

HA  
Years ago

i actually am best frends wiv the girl who got dropped and ..... has their facts straight because she did get dropped for the week due to not informing the coach that she was going to be unavaliable for a game. she got dropped for the week and that was that! she was meant to be dropped for the game b4 that but they ended up short of players so her dropping was postponed for a week. unfortunately it happened to be a bye but she still had to receive her punishment!u mob are a bunch of sore losers! face the facts, U LOST get over it. plus don't tell me that forestville wouldn't hav done the same if they had been given the chance!!!

Reply #15266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if the southern girl was meant to be punished for not advising the coach she couldnt play, wouldnt it have been better punishment and slightly more fair for her to be like 'suspended' for a week, and not be allowed to play the next game?? letting her play div 2 wouldnt have been punishment exactly, more like reward, coz she got to play an easy game and do her own thang, u know what im saying?! just a thought guys.

Reply #15281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, sorry Forestville would not hav done the same for many reasons:
They believe in fairness among the players and the competition and they believe in their current players of the team.

This is shown by the fact that the following week, (when the certain player was witnessed to play div 1 again at the dome) Forestville div 1's had a bye and the 2's were playing Norwood and knew it was to be a tough game.
There was not one div 1 that played 2's for Forestville, nor was the thoguht of having a div 1 even comtemplated.

I am sure that dropping her was appropriate, but maybe less court time would be deemed more appropriate. Why drop a good player when she still gets court time and revels in a game where she can be a star?
Sorry but I do not see that as punishment.

Reply #15430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes she was an assett but there was one girl who lifted the team by shooting 4 three pointers strait to lift the team at vital moments of the game. F/ville then turned and laughed at her when she missed her first. now to me that is a sign of bad sportmanship!

Reply #15431 | Report this post

#sHoRtY#  
Years ago

It was'nt a punishment.. I dont rekon.. I ment yeah your right she got to play almost the whole game and did well, played well, but yeah... ITs over and f/ville have moved on.
F/ville beat South two!! Doing heeeeeeaps good winning and stuff.
Keep going guys!

Reply #15432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it is bad sportmans ship when they laugh at her like that... They shouldnt of laughed i bet you that they didnt get 4 3pointers in a row n that game? No they didnt because i was watching so how about they laugh at something better than someone that is a better shooter than them and missed one 3pointer after she just got 4 in a row! I think that if you did get dropped you should get court time it was her punishment by going down and who cares if she dominated she is a good player... well thats my opinion people

Reply #15454 | Report this post

Years ago

i think this subject needs to be dropped once and for all. the girl was dropped as punishment, whether or not it was fair is up to the individual, every1 is gonna hav different opinions. but whats done is done. its over. and it cant b changed now. enough with the petty fighting. i'm pretty sure both teams hav moved on and even if they haven't they should b focused on their up and cuming games. good luck to the tigers and fville. keep playing hard. peace out.

Reply #15462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any one know the results from friday nights game?

Reply #15466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eagles beat south 2

Reply #15480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west beat south 1 by 10 with 5 players

Reply #15481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tigers got smashed.... dont know who they played but it was something like 95 to 19

Reply #15530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was sturt, just looked at sporting pulse.
Can anyone please tell me how some teams have played 7 and others 6?

Reply #15654 | Report this post

Years ago

yeah im curious as well, y on sportingpulse in the results section there r results for all of the 8 rounds, for every game, but then on the ladder its saying some teams hav only played 6 games??

Reply #15673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sporting pulse is screwed up!

Reply #15858 | Report this post

#sHoRtY#  
Years ago

yes... i got nothing to write.. but yeh sporting pulse if wierd.

Reply #16107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard that west beat north with 4 regulars and 2 u16 div 3s filling in
west coach is good is he the guy who came from north originally

Reply #16362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh thats right bout west

Reply #17056 | Report this post

Elyse VIdeon  
Years ago

For a mattter of fact, i was coaching the girls who played against Southern and no i was not laughing at all. If u were near me on the bench, four 3 pointers (even 1) isnt accpetable to give away in any game and you would have heard my actual reaction to those 3 pointers. I expect my girls to get a hand out on every shot, especially at the three point line.
And on hearing my girls laugh, they were also told off cuz if they were out there on the court, they would hav been benched. So im sorry anonymous, but it was nowhere near a laughing matter.

Reply #17078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why didnt you post on rookie?

Reply #17079 | Report this post

Elyse Videon  
Years ago

Why does it matter anonymous, i could ask u, why dont u post wit a name, but i respect ur wish to be anonyous and therefore dont pry.

Reply #17082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not criticising you, just asking out of curiosity, im not trying to start a ruckus out of this question

Reply #17085 | Report this post

Elyse Videon  
Years ago

I wasnt trying to start a ruckus either. Sorry, sometimes u cannot tell a persons tone by writing in general, it was more of a question back e.g. Why do u ask? ( curiosity tone also inteneded).
I have chose to use my name for various reasons, those that i wish to keep to myself.
But if anyone has a problem with me and would really like to know my msn and email is
[email protected].

Reply #17086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yawn... hope ya dont get spammed now

Reply #18274 | Report this post

lexus  
Years ago

all dis talk some1 come see me. block any and everything. comin out of surrattsville JV 10-2

Reply #19767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well u should thanx norwood for those div 1 gurls caus if that southern gurl hadnt broke her arm and been put out for 3 months they wouldnt have played lol and im not trying to start nothin either just lettin u no y those div 1 gurls where playin in tha div 2 comp. good luck to all tha gurls in tha final if they have finals now!!! catcha

Reply #19980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

none of those div 1 girls were punished either 1 of thoses girls was mean to help that team out b4 and yeah she neva did then the southern team had 4 players, cum on u cant expect to play 4 ne ways there nope hope for them now they lost so yeah it history.is ther finals now for tha summer season

Reply #19981 | Report this post

#sHoRtY#  
Years ago

What a perfict day... lol sorry i dont really have anything to say... Im a bit bord. hmmm... yeah. basketball is cool....

Reply #21635 | Report this post

scrubber  
Years ago

does anyone know finals timetables and whos in it?

Reply #22197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

probley forestville!

Reply #22211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

top 4 in 18/2 girls:
Sturt
West
Forestville
North

Reply #22247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north and forestville are thru to the grand final

Reply #22793 | Report this post

scrubber  
Years ago

any one game to guess who is gona win, are the games on saturday now?!?

Reply #22833 | Report this post

Years ago

yeh the games r on saturday now, coz the 36ers r playing friday night. im gonna tip forestville for the win, tho im sure it will b close

Reply #22868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think north should win

Reply #22869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does ne 1 in here from south caus i wanna find out sum details, cheers

Reply #22872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top 6 very tight, maybe Forrestville just?

Reply #23069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so hoo won????

Reply #23448 | Report this post

Years ago

forestville won by 4 points, in overtime

Reply #23551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

congratulations to the fville girls.. it was a game well played!!!!

Reply #23589 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Who won over over the weekend? Is anyone finding it an uneven competition with the addition of the div 3's to the division 2 comp?

Reply #25239 | Report this post

Just wanna play  
Years ago

yes it is extremely uneven, with southern havin to bring up 16 3's to make a team and wanting to be put in div 3. they should be split up and as soon as possible!

Reply #26668 | Report this post

Years ago

i quite agree!

Reply #27678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754