MVP
Years ago

Advertiser Player of the Year

Does the Advertiser give out player of the year awards for the ABA? I know they do for SANFL but for ABA?

Topic #12077 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Haven't seen one in there i know that in the ABA program that they have the top performers from the previous round but in the advertiser i dunno

Reply #140962 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Never seen one. I remember a couple of years ago that the Advertiser actually listed the Medal winners (Halls/Woolacott).

Reply #141005 | Report this post

Scott Whitmore  
Years ago

they did in the past J dix has won it a few times, it used to come with a cheque. a few years back i belive it was $1000.

it was separate to the Woolacott.

Reply #141006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah thay used to have one and it was presented on the same night as the Wollacott but earlier in the night. It was often a differnent player to the Wollacott too. I dod remember Dixy winning it but not winning the Wollacitt, and vice versa, I remember Dixy winning the woolacott but Derick Boles winning the Advertiser award.

Reply #141009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Advertiser sometimes lists player of the week. Who got this weeks awards?

Reply #141048 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rychart and Marino I think?

Reply #141051 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Rychart got it for sure i know that.

Reply #141135 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

marino!! get lost haha
thats funny
make me laugh again

Reply #141704 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

29 points and 5 assists as Sturt beat North (top four team) on the road. And zero turnovers in 40 minutes of game time which is pretty decent for a guard. What's so funny? Only real competition in that round was Truslove's 23 and 17 against Southern (sixth placed team).

Marino's Index of Success leads the competition. Leads the league in scoring (unless you count Duke who's only played two games), and in assists. For the top team in the competition.

Don't even know the girl, but can't stand haters sniping just because they've got a personal grudge.

Reply #141719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754