MJ
Years ago

2007 Year 8 Knockout Basketball

I hear the draw for year 8 KO is out now, as the same with the year 10 draw for boys and girls.

Is there any news on what schools will be strong this year? Or who thinks they have a decent chance?

Peace.

Topic #12097 | Report this topic

MJ  
Years ago

Here's the year 8 boys draw. Hopefully we can get some results posted as these games are played.

I'll post the year 8 one following this post.

First round to be played by 31st August, Term 3 Week 6.

Game 1: Heathfield @ Blackwood

Game 2: Mt Barker @ Cornerstone

Winners of the above two games (games 1 and 2) play a 3 team round robin with Unley @ Unley, winner through to finals

Game 3: Tatachilla, Victor Harbor, Eastern Fleurieu @ Mt Compass

Game 4: Adelaide @ Prescott

Winners of Game 3 and 4 meet @ Winner of game 3's court, winner of this goes to finals.

There is no Game 5 printed on the book.

Game 6: Cabra @ Glenunga

Game 7: King's Baptist @ St Paul's

Game 8: Henley @ Nazareth

Winners of game 6, 7, 8 play a 3 team round robin at home of winner of game 6. Winner of this goes to finals.

Game 9 Thomas Moore @ Salisbury

Game 10: Tyndale @ Modbury

Winners of games 9 and 10 play a 3 team round robin with Trinity @ Trinity. Winner through to finals.

Unley and Trinity get byes into the 2nd Round. Most likely as a result of consistent finals appearances these last few years.

Game 15: 6 team round robin, winner through to finals.
Reynella East, Aberfoyle Park, Cardijn, Hallet Cove, Willunga, Wirreanda

Game 16: 5 team round robin, winner through to finals.
Mt Gambier, Tenison, St Martin's Lutheran, Grant, Millicent.

If you know of any real results, can you post them in here also. We will attempt to track all teams the competition.

Reply #142752 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

Here's the year 8 girls draw. Hopefully we can get some results posted as these games are played.

Game 1: Blackwood @ Heathfield

Game 2: Cornerstone @ Mt Barker

Winners of game 1 and 2 play a 3 tea round robin with Unley @ Unley. Winner though to finals. This group is not a misprint, it is very similar to the boys draw.

Game 3: Mary MacKillop @ Henley

Game 4: Nazareth @ St Aloysius

Winners of game 3 and 4 play a 3 team round robin with Brighton @ Brighton. Winner of this goes through to finals.

Game 5: Norwood Morialta @ King's Baptist.

Winner of game 5 plays a 3 team round robin with Modbury and Kadina @ Modbury. Winner of this goes through to finals.

Game 6: Victor Harbor @ Eastern Fleurieu.

Winner of game 6 plays a 3 team round robin with Cabra and Tatachilla @ Cabra. Winner through to finals.

Game 11: 6 team round robin, winner through to finals.
Reynella East, Aberfoyle Park, Wirreanda, Cardijn, Loreto, Willunga

Game 12: 4 team round robin. Winner through to finals.
Mt Gambier, Millicent, Tenison Woods, Grant

The following teams had byes into the 2nd round, (which needs to be played by the 26th October, Term 4 week 2).
Unley, Brighton, Modbury, Kadina, Cabra, Tatachilla.

If any results are known through out the term, please post them in here. This way we can all track who is advancing through to the finals.

Reply #142754 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

Interesting to note, Concordia has not entered the boys, neither has Sacred Heart or St Michaels.

St Michaels won the SAPSASA last year, why haven't they entered with the same players?

St Mary's hasn't entered the girls.

Pasadena has not entered either.

Reply #142755 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

Any results yet? Cabra boys play Glenunga next Thursday. Any other games played yet?

Reply #146117 | Report this post

mac  
Years ago

MJ..i think its time u find urself some friends or at least stop talking to urself

Reply #146121 | Report this post

Willunga Goats 4 Premiers 2007

Reply #146143 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

This is for mac.

Cabra 62, Glenunga 28.

Cabra opened the game with a 21-2 first quarter, already game over after that.

The rest was entertainment.

Reply #146761 | Report this post

mac is right  
Years ago

mj man seriously get a life

Reply #147142 | Report this post

Rexona  
Years ago

goats= no hope, but I think you know that already Pickles' ex-house mate;)

Reply #147157 | Report this post

mac cant talk  
Years ago

dude, i'm trying to get info on the competition. if you have nothing good to comment about or anything decent to contribute why do you waste your time? no respect to you.

Reply #147257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why hasn't Marymount put in a team for the Year 8 knockout this year? They won last year's SAPSASA Year 7 knockout. Marymount also has 3 girls at SASI. Anyone know?

Reply #147269 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

someone needs to get into their PE co-ordinator's ear.

that is all it takes........

Reply #148296 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

My daughter attends Marymount and I asked the same question. Basically no one wanted to coach them!! Once the teacher was made aware of the talent in that year they tried for a late entry in August. They were denied by whoever is running the knockout competition. Pity as they would of been a competitive school.

Reply #148677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would anyone need to let the teacher know? Marymount is a middle school, is it not? People should have already known

please correct me if i am wrong.

Reply #148683 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

It might be a middle school but students can still come as new students in year 8. And likely noone knew they were so good as they likely did not play for the school in term 1 basketball either. KO entry is early in the year, trying to get entry in August was way to late as some teams would have already played.

Also update:

Boys basketball

Cabra v St Pauls
St Pauls v Nazareth
Nazareth v Cabra

Thursday 20/9

Anyone know who is in the Nazareth and St Pauls teams?

Reply #148835 | Report this post

wind squall  
Years ago

the PE co-ordinator needs to be switched on.

all schools are advised and welcome.

yes - if you are late you will miss out.

Reply #148839 | Report this post

Lachy K  
Years ago

yeah Unley highs year 8 boys team beat both cornerstone and heathfield, so we're going through o the finals. see ya all there if ya made it.

P.S. forgot the score sorry

Reply #151571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unley yr 8 girls and Cabra yr 8 girls are through to finals.

last 2 years have been cabra v unley semi finals, both schools splitting the series 1 each.

Reply #154787 | Report this post

Where is MJ?  
Years ago

so mj hows about giving us an update on that game you said was to be played on the 20/9?? have you all of a sudden lost all enthusiasm and interest for the comp?? OR....could it be that you're only link to the competition is that you are involved with cabra, and don't feel good about telling everyone how you were knocked out????
let me guess...nazareth won the first quarter..the rest was entertainment?

Reply #155662 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

Mac, it has been a long time. Just been real busy, University study etc. Thats where people with brains go.

No cabra was up at half time. no div 1 or 2 players in the team. nazareth's div 1 and 2 player finally cranked it after half. not having our only div 1 player Brodie Grundy not play hurt us bad. Also SAPSASA football rep Simon Wong had a holiday in china that week. His impact would have been the same as Brodie's. had either of them played, cabra boys would be in the grand final. apparently sturt tell kids not to play anything before u14 nationals where Brodie dominated. If your district/state coach ever tells you not to play, dont listen, its your choice, not his. Also, if they threaten to drop you if you do play, then they are doing the state an injustice in not picking the best team possible.

If you want to beat Nazareth, get a good lead early, and hope you can hold on.

ill be at the finals, the cabra girls team is very strong.

Mac, I know you wish I had a blog like Agent 0, but i just dont have that spare time. Keep loggin on during class little man.

Reply #156362 | Report this post

I'm not mac  
Years ago

MJ you really are a joke. I hate saying that about 'MJ'. On a public forum about 13-14 year old basketballers you attack an annonymous poster falsely suggesting they have no brain and are a school student. How big of you. You talk about games as if you were an ESPN sportscaster, and clearly thought as coach of Cabra you could use this forum as a way to scout your competition ('anyone know who st pauls and nazareth have?' 'what schools will be strong this year?').

I'm not in school, but I visit this forum regularly and being involved with a school I read these threads. I too am a uni student, but see no purpose in providing a commentary on a year 8 Basketball comp. Let them play, post some scores, leave it at that. I wouldn't want you to have a blog like Arenas, the difference being that I actually enjoy what Gilbert writes.

Reply #156415 | Report this post

JM  
Years ago

MJ,

"If your district/state coach ever tells you not to play, dont listen, its your choice, not his. Also, if they threaten to drop you if you do play, then they are doing the state an injustice in not picking the best team possible."

Ask a recent Forestville ABL player about his experiences playing school ball (for Cabra coincidentally) less than a week before Under 18 nationals. Nasty facial injury that required surgery. Ironically his face accidentally (and it was absolutely accidental) hit one of the reserve's knees!

If players play school ball (or any other activity less important than their upcoming national championship) when they are told not to and injure themselves then THEY are doing their team mates and their State a disservice, and YOU are also by saying what you have just said.

Your school team is lower on the pecking order than club teams going to nationals and State teams whether you like it or not. I would accept it and move on!

Reply #156436 | Report this post

the guesser  
Years ago

there's nothing wrong with trying to scout a competition thats the hardest to predict. by yr 10 and seniors everyone has played most people, yr 8 people come from primary schools from anywhere. isnt it?

how did he suggest the guy had no brains? i don't get that.

did you say that thing was purely accidental? things like that rarely ever happen. surely.

also, telling a kid not to do anything 'less important than nationals' is like telling a kid not to do PE in school, that sounds stupid.

i think telling a kid not to do something when they other wise might have enjoyed doing it can be considered a small form of bullying. kids shouldn't be encouraged to do less, they should be encouraged to do more.

Reply #156550 | Report this post

kel  
Years ago

"Thats where people with brains go" - MJ

the guesser...i think THAT quote might..JUST MIGHT...have suggested it...

Reply #157297 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754