Sir Charles
Years ago

ABA Results last night

Results arent up on the CABL website yet so wondering other results.
I know South men and women both got up over Sturt and that North men took care of centrals, but what were other results?

Topic #12105 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

West women beat Forestville. Forestville men beat West.

Reply #141236 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

What were the scores for the Mens Sturt V South game? was it close or one-sided? Best players etc??

Reply #141238 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

11 point victory in the men, Scanlon a stand out with 32

Reply #141240 | Report this post

Stats Room  
Years ago

Close most of the game, South getting up 96/85.
Usual suspects for Panthers
Scanlon - 32
Pilkington 15, 22 & 5 blocks
Fuller - 18 (8/10 FG's - was the only player of the 14 who played more than 20 minutes to shoot at better than 50%)
McKenzie - 14

Good send off for Kosmider (if it was in fact his last home game)

For Sabres
Marcus Ng - 27, 14, 7 assists & 10 turnovers
Paget - 19 & 9
Bauer - 10 & 8

South did a good job (as a team) on Dodman holding him to 6 & 4 (on 3/15 FG's)

In the Women's game South won 72/51, coming home with a 24/9 last quarter & 59/30 after quarter time. For Panthers -
Truslove - 19 (9/11 FG's), 11 & 3 blocks
Kelson - 13, 7, 5 assists & 3 steals
Peddle - 12 pts (on 4/6 shooting)
Browne - 11 & 8
Carberry - 11 pts

For Sabres

No Marino (appeared to be limping a bit)
M Bowley - 14 & 5
H Bowley - 12 & 6
No-one else in double figures

Only Peddle & Truslove shot better than 50% from the field. Sturt shot at 26% for the game & 17% in 2nd half

Reply #141244 | Report this post

mmmmm  
Years ago

Bye bye Southern !!!

Reply #141247 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Cheers sir charles and stats room

Reply #141249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood vs Woodville?

Reply #141254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both woodville men and women lost to norwood.

Reply #141255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the Port should host 2 finals in the first week... Women's qualifying final vs Norwood and men's elimination final v either Sturt or Woodville.

Reply #141256 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

When does Sportingpulse put up the results? Seems like there's a delay for this round's results.

Reply #141257 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

EC, sportingpulse has been having a few issues, so don't expect the results up too soon

Reply #141262 | Report this post

Hilltop Hoodz  
Years ago

was at the Centrals Vs. North game last night.. North won by 20+ but were up 40 going into the 4th. Eric Burton 22 and Dallas Quigly 21 played well and Rychart at 38-26-6 ass. Centrals played tough in the 1st leading 11-2 within the first miniutes. North quickly took the lead back before the 2nd and never looked back..

North Vs. Norwood next week should be a great game 1 vs 2.. North can still get #1 spot if they beat Norwood by 6 points or more..

Reply #141274 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Hilltop, the last 5 or so minutes of the game, Rockets were playing all the development players. Score wise the Rockets were going backwards from that point on. The fact they were up by 40 or so made it safe to leave the remainder of the game in the Rookie's hands.

Reply #141297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesnt say much for Schullers development players if they are getting outscored by 20 points in 5 minutes to CENTRALS

Reply #141321 | Report this post

ll  
Years ago

Development? The only development that he has done is to develop a good friendship with Dusty. Take him out and they will not win.

Reply #141329 | Report this post

Years ago

Think that is a harsh call on players such as Zorich, E Burdon, Hambour who are stars in their own right, plus from what i have seen Leif Burdon and Tom Rowe have both excelled with more opportunity this year.
Dusty is a big part of them winning but i think they would still be a top 2 team without him

Reply #141331 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Centrals shooting accuracy improved greatly in the last 5 minutes. They were hitting the majority of their shots that they weren't earlier in the game. That's what helped them. Having said that, Centrals did not shame themselves at all last night. They managed to finish the game with an impressive score in their own right against a top 2 team.

Reply #141339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

southern v eastern? both men and women pls

Reply #141351 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

I had the displeasure of watching the south women's coach on Saturday night - if he was to treat a woman like that in the real world he would be up on abuse charges - wake up boy - it is just a game and your behaviour is not only a disgrace to your club but to the younger people that look to play ABA in the future.
This is not the first time this man has displayed inappropriate behaviour. Wake up big time BASA and get rid of these type of people.

Reply #141356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14u2nv please explain

Reply #141359 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Anon read the next thread down.

Reply #141360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have, and there is nothing about the South Coach acting in negative fashion. I am one of glenns toughest critics as he used to coach my daughter and I would have to say that his behaviour has improved 10 fold in the last 6 months. he seems to be coaching with maturity and focus on the game rather than dwelling on the negatives and yelling at the referees. I am willing to bet that there are referees that have done south games that would say he seems like a different coach.

Reply #141364 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Yes you are right, sorry about that there isn't any mention of an incident about the south coach. I wasn't at the game so can't help. You are correct in what you are saying about him changing I have notice it in some of the games I have watched this season as well.

Reply #141384 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

Well I am glad I didnt see him six months ago if that is an improvement -

Reply #141386 | Report this post

Stats Room  
Years ago

Not sure what you saw Saturday night "14u2nv", but the only time I saw Glenn lose his cool, was in fact at himself in the 2nd quarter, when he delayed giving Jenine Browne a rest and she picked up her 3rd foul while he hesitated over the change.
I then watched most of the second half with a neutral observer, who made no comment at all regarding the Coach.
I would be confident that if the Senior Referee saw anything untoward from Glenn, he would have been on him pretty quickly and "T'd" him up.

Reply #141393 | Report this post

14u2nv  
Years ago

How sad that his behaviour is seen as acceptable - is it because you are used of it or you think it has improved from other times.

Reply #141442 | Report this post

ASIO Agent  
Years ago

Well give us a specific time during the game when as u said and i quote

"if he was to treat a woman like that in the real world he would be up on abuse charges"

Reply #141452 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754