Max
Years ago

Fitchett a Tall Black... four get cut

Micheal Fitchett who played in the Nelson Giants 07 Championship winning team has earned a call up to the Tall Blacks after a TB camp which was held in Napier over the last few days..A notable player who got the cut was ben hill lol.. who was with the Tall Blacks last year throughout their world championship campaign..Personally i feel Nenad Vucinic has favoured Fitchett because he is from and plays with Nelson(the same franschise that Nenad coaches)
Anyway to get to the point..i feel the TB'S have WAY too many guards..e.g Winitana,Fitchett,Henare,Jones,Dickell,Lindsay Tait,Penney,Pero Cameron,

And plus 9 of the guys in the team are 27 years or older..Youngest player in the team is 24 years old..So itz clear Nenad is looking for experience..But honestly wat is going to happen when all these guys leave..BASKETBALL NZ Will go into disatour..im from nz and a kiwi fan and yet its coming from my lips..anywya wat du u think..they should beat the aussies only because of the large no. of aussies unavailable.

Topic #12111 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Squad for their series with Venezuela is:

Boucher
Bradshaw
Cameron
Cartwright
Dickel
Fitchett
Frank
Henare
Jones
Penney
Rampton
Tait
Vukona
Winitana

Only four guys 200cm or taller (Cartwright, Frank, Bradshaw and Rampton).

Not sure who'll be suiting for the Boomers, but surely they can make amends for that last series?!

Reply #141315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe that's how they'll win it! They will play a cut and run game. A lot of good shooters in that team. To be honest i don't know if Australia can match their guards.

Reply #141377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754