Anonymous
Years ago

Newleys first game

newley has finished his first out with the rockets.

he finished with this stat line, for anyone interested:

0 points (0-2FG's)
4 boards
3 assists
1 fouls
1 steals
2 TO's

in 12.56 court time

houston beat the clippers 90-76

Topic #12134 | Report this topic

jhfjhbdfgb  
Years ago

Stop passing the ball. They are not looking for a shooting guard that can pass well.

I assume............

Reply #141628 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

I don't know, 0-2 maybe that's why he's not shooting much. While those stats don't look that impressive, he only had 12 minutes of court time. I hope he gets some more minutes and points in the next game, or it's back home for Newley.

Reply #141631 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Two shots taken doesn`t really say much... A decent game (based on stats alone - might need to watch it later tonight) given lack of minutes...

Reply #141632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think 12-13 mins of game time is plenty for Newley to show what he has to offer......other players had less time and put up better stats.....unfortunately I think he is still somewhat intimidated by the whole NBA thing?! He can hold his own in that league.....he needs to be more selfish and aggressive though to prove it!!

Reply #141634 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

How can anybody judge how he played on those stats?

Reply #141636 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Anonymous 141634 for a start register if you are going to make comments like that. Because you are going to get replies.

The other shooting guard for Houston R.Lewis played 18 minutes
R.Lewis G 18:53 1-3 0-2 3-4 0 2 2 0 0 0 2 0 5
For 5 points
No one else really played anywhere near 12 minutes. How can you compare? or say it's enough time. No-one else put up more stats with same time? I think you could be right about him being intimidated by NBA though. It's a different type of game over there for sure, but he has played interntional before. Belinelli is tearing it up, but he is getting the minutes on the court. I hope they can give Newley more game time, he can prove the doubters wrong.

Reply #141638 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

he has 2 step up his game otherwise he is coming home..i think he just needs to keep shooting even if he misses his first 2 or 3..

Reply #141640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well he didn't get 10 fouls like oden did the other day. So hes doing ok.

Reply #141645 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Fact is we don't know what his coaches are telling him. They could be saying go out hustle, focus on your defense and share the ball. I'd say the fact that he's not going trigger happy is a good thing

Reply #141646 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

From the footage i have seen of these games, there doesn't seem to be much defense or tactics going on. Or coaching for that matter.

Reply #141650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you wanna watch a replay try here

http://nba-boss.streamos.com/wmedia...7_houlac_24.asx

Reply #141673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched the live NBA webcast of the game.

One of his two shot attempts was a halfcourt heave as time expired for the first quarter.

There was only really one time where he backed himself and tried to drive to the hoop but it was into a two player wall that resulted in him losing the ball, ie turnover.

Newley had some nice passes, a few resulted in assists. He showed some good hustle.

In Summer League there is little defence, mostly iso play. Though one of the criticisms of his game is defence and he might be trying to make a point there but it's a misguided move.

This is the summer League. He's not going to get noticed unless he puts up a big score. Unfortunately hustle and selfless play doesn't cut it, it doesn't get players beyond Summer League.

Reply #141741 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

thanks for the link and the run down anon

Reply #141864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754