Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaides Chances for 07/08........

Assuming Brad Newley plays!

I think we will surprise a few people and finish somewhere in the vacinity of 3-6! Who knows we could win the whole thing, we are stacked with players that can light it up from the arc!!

Topic #12156 | Report this topic

Ref 23  
Years ago

I reckon with Newley playing we will come 8th and then make the GF series and lose to Cairns

Reply #141919 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If Newley is playing we have a great chance. Anything less than top 4 and I'd be a little disappointed.

C: Cooper
F: Ballinger
F: Chappell
G: Newley
G: Maher

Dench
Davidson
Copeland
Ng
Sutton

In the starting 5 we have 4 guys who all average 20+ a game. I think we are in for some sucessful and entertaining times this year.

Reply #141920 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

I think that the season will ultimately depend on our defence. We know that the offense can light it up, but that's no good if we can't keep the opponent from scoring less than us.

If the D plays well, top 3.

If the D is shite, 6-8.

Reply #141922 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

My 2 cents
You need to start Davidson as PG, Maher at 2 Newly 3 and the 2 imports at 4 and 5. If you need to go big its on the bench with Cooper and Dench you have Copeland to rest the 2 and 3 and Sutton the PG. Having Maher at 2 will free him up to score and Newly at 3 in this line up will be suited. I think Ng is a handicap that stops the team from going 10 deep and Copelands fitness to see out the season may become a problem later in the season. The only other problem I can see is an injury to one of the starting 5 will see the bench get very thin.

My tip 6-8 at best. Newly will need a year to settle in, he can be a selfish play at times.

Reply #141924 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

How do people view this team to our team from 2 years ago?

C: Cooper / Rees
F: Rychart / Gower
F: Holmes / Forman
G: Farley / Nash
G: Maher / Hill

Cooper Improved greatly last season and Dench I think is an upgrade on Rees.
Ballinger is on par with Dusty but that back up PF is still a weak spot.
Chappell is certainly more of a scoring threat that Jacob but whether he can pull the same amount of baords is a question. A fit Copeland is probably as good as Forman at the time.
Newley Vs Farley. I would still take an on fire Farley to an on Fire Newley but for the overall season would probably take Newley. Ninja again likely to score more than Nash but for defence and boards Nash would be the prefered option for me.
Maher is slowing down and anyone would obviously take Maher 2 years ago to Maher now but in Davidson we have a more capable back up than Hill.

I think this team is as good if not better than the past team and yet most people still seem to rank us 6th to 8th. Is this because other teams have vastly improved or this years sixers squad just doesnt impress you?

Reply #141944 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i think we will be top 6 but i guess it will take a bit to convience the fans after last years debacle

Reply #141945 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I reckon we have had 3 threads like this already in the past month.

Reply #141958 | Report this post

Mr_Black  
Years ago

"we are stacked with players that can light it up from the arc!!"

You dont win championships from the arc.

Reply #141973 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So could the 06/07 team.

Reply #142007 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Like any season you start out with high hopes , I think the 6ers must gel as a new team quickly and get some confidence about themselves, that should hold us in good stead for a realistic chance come finals,and oh yes I feel we do have a realistic chance to add another title.....

Reply #142067 | Report this post

Chopper  
Years ago

No way Cooper will start in front of Dench.... Cooper is softer than Devondale light & spreadable!

Reply #142123 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

quote skip. "Dench I think is an upgrade on Rees".
FFS "Mini", you're fulla $h1t. Head'n for a dump, are yah? ;)
BTW, the Big Fella routinely nullified oppo bigs. THAT, was his job.
Our Big Red REESter, was top cock. Don't EVER forget that.

Reply #142451 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

DDfan - Im not 100% sure what you mean but I think you are disagreeing with me.

I certainly dont mean that Dench is and upgrade on Rees at his peak, but against Rees in his last year with us, I definetly do.

Reply #142452 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Dead right I was disagreeing with you, but don't fuss, you're not alone. Reesy was ALWAYS great value, but his worth NEVER showed on stats. Show me stats for blocking out, ball efficiency (lack of turn-overs), unselfishness, & locker-room mastery.
I'm not downing on Axel either, but he'd know he didn't have his own way against Paul.
BTW, don't stress about not understanding me, not many do. :)

Reply #142459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754