afroman jnr
Years ago

Aba Results

What are the aba results for this round? any big upsets?

Topic #12163 | Report this topic

Stats Room  
Years ago

South Women beat Mavericks by about 40, I think it was 86/47 (but not certain). South Men won 109/83

Reply #142024 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

North women beat Norwood by 5. North men beat Norwood by 1 in OT.

Reply #142025 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

West beat Woodville both men & women

Reply #142029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Women beat Forestville

Forestville Men beat Southern

Reply #142030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Results, stats and next week's finals schedule is up on http://www.centralabl.com.au.

Reply #142031 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That OT game came after Rychart missed two free throws on purpose. Interesting scenario. The Rockets needed to win by 6 to snatch top spot.

Norwood fell apart in the latter stages of the game - North defense was just too good and it seemed that Matthews was the only one who could find a way to score.

North lost Rychart (fouled out) and Hambour (quad?) in OT, but held on.

Reply #142089 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

why do u say Rychart missed them on purpose Isaac??

Reply #142108 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because he did.

Scores were tied with seconds remaining at 88-88.

North needed to win by six, so Schueller wanted overtime. If you watched carefully, you would've seen him signal (and say something like) "I want first" to the North "elders". Then, when they went out on court, while the rest of the team were serious, Dusty had a nervous smile.

The first shot was an absolute brick, the second not much better. Now, Dusty isn't known for being a great free throw shooter, but he was 6/7 FT in that game besides those two shots and his game is always improving.

Of course, the plan almost backfired when Dusty fouled out early in OT and Hambour had a bit of an injury scare.

Also, see this from the CentralABL site:

Rychart was fouled with 10 seconds to go, and went to the foul line. After a North time out, it was evident that the plan was for Rychart to intentionally miss both foul shots, the theory being that 10 seconds without possession was not enough time to get a 6 point win, but 5 minutes of overtime might be.

With thought's going through his head like "What will this do to my foul shooting percentage? Would it be too embarrassing to just airball the first shot? If so, will I appear in a Nick Hambour-produced YouTube blooper video?", and after some nervous half-court laughter, Dusty successfully clunked both foul shots off the front of the ring, defended out regulation, and sent the game to overtime.

Good game.

Reply #142110 | Report this post

Great Game  
Years ago

Isaac, do you know why North did not force double overtime to get top spot.

The scores were level and they made a shot to win the game?

Reply #142116 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe they thought that with Dusty (who was carrying them) out and Hambour out also, they didn't like their chances. Or wondered if the risk of injury/exhaustion was just a bit too high?

I'm just guessing.

Reply #142118 | Report this post

North  
Years ago

In talking to Ziggy and Schueller after the game, they said that with both bigs out and the chances of another game the week after they decided one period of extra time was enough...great game watch out for the Rockets the rest of the way!

Reply #142128 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I was at the game and I believe Hambour's injury came about when he was hit by one of his own jump shots.

Reply #142148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your an idiot Mutley. He was at the defensive end when it occurred.

Reply #142207 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Made me laugh! Slambour was fired up for that game!

Reply #142210 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Any word on the Rockets lineup for this weekend? Hambour? Kersten?

Reply #142238 | Report this post

North  
Years ago

Both 100% and in.

Reply #142240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754