Fill Smythe
Years ago

DUSTY DOUBTERS?????

For any one who still questions Dusty's cred against quality opposition.

35pts , 27rebs , 9assts , 3blks , 1stl .

Just another awesome effort to be entered into the already bulging Rychart Files.

Topic #12168 | Report this topic

--  
Years ago

No one ever questions dusty, i think they just question Schelluer.

Reply #142044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha! Dusty, is that you? If it is I think you go some self hating syndrome. No one I have seen or read doubts you!

Reply #142046 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

there isnt anything wrong with schuellar. he put together an awesome lineup. enough said. when you have such talent, there is no need to coach much. let em play.

Reply #142047 | Report this post

frustrated  
Years ago

Justin coached all right last night. He had an early match up problem with Mathews that he managed to improve.

And if only Hillcrest had enough seating for the all the people that wanted to watch Dusty ...

Reply #142057 | Report this post

I have to say that game last night was the best game of basketball i have seen in this state for a while and thats the Sixers included.
The amount of big shots that dropped by both teams was amazing.
An amazing comeback from North and the belief in themselves to send it into overtime to try and get it done was fantastic.
Thats 9 wins in a row for the Rockets and they look like they could even go a notch up on last night, if these 2 meet again in the finals i hope it will be as fitting a contest as this one was!

Reply #142061 | Report this post

keith  
Years ago

Reply #142083 | Report this post

keith  
Years ago

"Justin coached all right last night. He had an early match up problem with Mathews that he managed to improve."

Didnt Matthews finish with 35??

i suggest u explain "managed to improve".

Reply #142084 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Keith, without going into the technicalities of individual's game, The Rockets completely turned around this game in the last quarter. The coach must have done something right. Need you argue any further?

Reply #142088 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It was all Dusty.

Reply #142091 | Report this post

T-  
Years ago

I have to agree.. It was probably one of the best games that I have seen in a long time.. Good to see that the local league can bring such excitement...

Finals should be interesting as a 1 point win will give you the Grand Final Ring..

Reply #142092 | Report this post

Tipster  
Years ago

It baffles me that people refuse to give Shuller any credit for how well the Rockets have done this season and continue to doubt his ability, yes it has to help having a player the quality of Dusty along but i have watched most of the year and their games plans have been spot on most weeks and he has a team that didnt achieve last year, mainly cos of individual play, playing for each other and playing as a team.
As for Mathews he is just all talent he had to take tough shots all night and was still able to knock down the shots...hope these two meet again!

Reply #142094 | Report this post

real ability  
Years ago

Yea dont forget its Scheullers first yr too. Hopefully the rockets will get better under scheuller. The rockets have improved since last yr.

Who can forget when Sapwell took over the Flames. The Flames scraped into the finals the yr before to be Cellar dwellars under sapwell the yr after.

Reply #142096 | Report this post

Tipster  
Years ago

The other thing i meant to mention was the performance of Eric Burdon in the second half, his offensive skills were great and his pull up three in transition was the turning point of the game.

Reply #142097 | Report this post

Rocketfan  
Years ago

Lest we forget. Funny for all the credit people are trying to give to Schueller about his "awesome lineup". Apart from recruiting one of the finest NBL imports in the land, hats off for that one, I'm pretty sure that Burdon, Ziggy, Hambour and the majority of the bench owe their development to the Lovedays in juniors and the Hawkes' and Mckays' once they made it to the Big league. Schuellers just riding on the hard work and inspiration from others. Right place right time springs to my mind.

Reply #142173 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I would prefer to think of it as Scheuller being good enough to be entrusted with the wonderful work achieved by his predecessors. The Rockets this season have actually improved under Schueller. He certainly has not undone any of the good work achieved previously. Had he been a lesser coach, that would have been quite possible.

Reply #142175 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

I have actually heard Shuller say himself that he is reaping the rewards of a good junior program in the club and has also promoted that fact, i have also had a conversation with B Groves before he left, who said that all credit for how the group was working needed to go to the coach.
At the end of the day he has brought the best out of a talented group, but they still havent won anything yet, the next month will be the real test for this talented group and i believe a talented coach.

Reply #142176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturty6ers,

I presume you were at the game with such on enlightening comment. Sure Dusty was fantastic but to say it was all him was way off the mark. Ziggy made some clutch plays to keep the Rockets within touch at crucial times; Hambour seems to have calmed down under Justin and had a great game on Cooper, Eric' second half shooting was excellent plus the team play of L Burdon and Tom Rowe rounded out a great unit. Also complemented by the coaching staff who turned things around when Norwood were on fire early on.

Lets not forget Justin has lost the highly underrated Ben Groves and was without Ryan Kerston for the game and can still come up trumps.

Reply #142205 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

.......as I said, it was all Dusty!

Reply #142209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturty6ers,

Ive thought it before and now you confirm it. Your lack of detailed understanding of the finer points of basketball is underwhelming.

Go back to wearing your baby blue shorts!

Reply #142231 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

..is there such a thing as a
'Dusty Doubter??'

Tskkkk. How could there be?

*sigh* ;)

Reply #142280 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

After watching the weekends game I have to agree with Sturty6ers, without Dusty North would struggle.
I can hardly remember a play being run specifically for Dusty, just about all his points came from hard work and getting to the right spot and getting some awesome offensive boards.
His last few games have been exceptional and it's simply awesome to watch.
And Justin, can't you think up some of your own plays and not just rehash South Adelaide plays!!! Lol.

Reply #142815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:05 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754