NH: Muralis 700th Wicket

Just read about Muralislightlybentarm taking his 700th wicket and wondered how many he's taken against the lower ranked teams. It seems like they play Bangladesh weekly (TIC). Yes I'm not a fan of the chucking delivery and rule changes to let him continue chucking.

Topic #12171 | Report this topic

booga  
Years ago

this could be a challenge for stat man maybe he could work out how many wickets he would have with out playing the banggers? would be interesting to see

Reply #142076 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

is this still Hoops SA? or Cricket SA?
i look at this Website to read about Basketball!!

Reply #142077 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

i'm with ya surms...

Reply #142079 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

to keep booga happy and I'm bored at work, the Chucker has 76 wickets against the Bangers at an average of 11.26 in 9 matches.

Closest after him is Malinga with 27 wickets.

Reply #142081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Murali vs Warney

Very interesting comparison

Murali:
163 wickets aganist Zimbarbwe and Bangledesh in 23 games.

Warne:
17 wickets aganist the same 2 teams in 3 games.

So how much will Murali's record actually mean? when warney is by far the superior bowler and has got the majority of his wickets aganist far superior opponents. What a joke

Reply #142082 | Report this post

Thats heaps interesting, anonymous. post more useless facts. Maybe warne would have the record if he could keep his personal life in check.

Reply #142085 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

He's a CHUCKER!!!

Warney will always hold the record in my eyes.

Reply #142093 | Report this post

Rexona  
Years ago

That wasn't a useless fact at all. Obviously it is easier to get wickets against teams that aren't as strong and I think he was making that point...

Reply #142098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To cricket enthusiasts and purists Warney will be number 1 regardless of whether he holds the record or not!! Not only has he taken the majority of his wickets against the more superior sides but he has also had to get them in the worlds best bowling attack!! Who does Murali have in his side to take wickets away from him?? Scribe said it best when he sung.....not many, if any...

Reply #142112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To cricket enthusiasts and purists Warney will be number 1 regardless of whether he holds the record or not!! Not only has he taken the majority of his wickets against the more superior sides but he has also had to get them in the worlds best bowling attack!! Who does Murali have in his side to take wickets away from him?? Scribe said it best when he sung.....not many, if any...

Reply #142113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #142114 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Heard ya the first time sport

Murali is a chucker who plays on doctored pitches

That said, Warne is a cock so good luck to both of them

Reply #142129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warney is quite possibly the greatest sportsman australia has ever seen. Praise him for what he did on the field, it shouldn't matter what he did off it. He is the greatest player since bradman and should be remembered as such.

Reply #142132 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

meh .. in a hundred years, someone looking at the record books wont factor in "the spirit of the game", they'll look at the numbers ... also, if murali's a chucker, consider that warney's a drug cheat ... so are we supposed to look at third on the list?

Reply #142134 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

at least Warne served his penalty for sucking on mums diet pills...

Reply #142135 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

chucker..or drug cheat, gambling cheat...and "general" cheat.

your choice

Reply #142139 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

nasty...

but, Warney is The Man..

I hate it that Murali is allowed to play.

Reply #142168 | Report this post

I suspect most australians dont hate him because he is a 'chucker' but that they can't accept there might be a better bowler than shane warne.

Reply #142186 | Report this post

and to answer your question anonymous:

Vaas

Reply #142187 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ELG, a bit of xenophobia in my opinion. Anyone who can deliver a ball with an action that strange can't be too bad.

Reply #142193 | Report this post

Rexona  
Years ago

Vaas?? Probably can't compare him to Glen McGrath.

Reply #142203 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Nicely put ELG, i think xenophobia is the real issue here. for someone to say they hate that Muri can play the game...and brush off Warnes history says more about the attitude than ability. (IMO)

Reply #142254 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Anil Kumble is the greatest spin bowler of all time???

Reply #142263 | Report this post

its like comparing Andrew gaze and kevin brooks. One's shot is 'textbook', the others isnt. But do they both go in? Should we hate KB for this unorthodox yet effective action?

i say no.

Reply #142278 | Report this post

Pauline Hanson  
Years ago

Isaac; please explain

Reply #142279 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Nothing but Respect for KB Back to Back championships baby

Reply #142328 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

The reason I said that I hate it that he can play, is because by the laws of the game, the umpires were 100 percent correct in no balling him for chucking. But because of the pressure that the ICC receives from the subcontinent, which is were a great deal of money comes in for cricket, they then rewrote the rules so he could stay in the game.
It pisses me off, just like the Akhtar and co steroid allegations before the world cup.

Reply #142497 | Report this post

So if murali was australian you'd want him banned too? yeah right

Reply #142501 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Australian mate..

and yeah, if he was chucking, or on 'roids, I would..

Reply #142505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754