lion tamer
Years ago

Whitmore Lions Mens ABA Coach

Ricky Simpson coached his last game on Saturday night and the club was quick to announce Scott Whitmore as his replacement. Dan Clausen will continue as an assistant under Scott.

Ricky has left a strong foundation for Scott to work with, some of the younger lions are now due to step up, I'm sure Scott will attract some more senior players that can assist this progression.

No boubt we will see a different Lions outfit in 2008.

Topic #12184 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #142192 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Good on you Scott. I wish you all the best.

Reply #142197 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

Scott maybe the one who turns out the lights, how are they progressing with the womens team?

Reply #142202 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

A good appointment, some stability for the Lions program will be good.

Reply #142204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny, they will have a team on the court. The lights will continue to burn by all accounts out there.

Reply #142212 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

Well I hope so because not having the Lions will be bad for basketball in SA, that is a huge area out there and Basketball needs to be represented.

I hope the committee has been productive over this season and not trying to rehash old ideas.

Reply #142227 | Report this post

Glenn S.  
Years ago

All the best to Ricky, A true ambassador for the sport.
A pleasure to work with and learn from and to still bounce ideas off of from time to time.
Thanks for all your help and support over the last 3 years.
Stay Dodgy,
Glenn

Reply #142233 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Well done ricky - at centrals and as true gentleman/ inspiration at woodville - championship coach -
dont come must better.
Good luck to Scotty - the big dog himself - just look elsewhere to warrior land for recruits - fire up scotty be great for basketball to see the centrals boys continue to progress

Reply #142235 | Report this post

Scott Whitmore, why don't you recruit A.R Dub. he is a rookie sensation.

Reply #142245 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

or you... cause woodville dont want ya

Reply #142249 | Report this post

Kym Taylor  
Years ago

Well done Whitmore. All the best with it. Hope some good recruits come your way. I have a few in mind already, but they are a blast from the past - Ian Grigg is still in shape on a Monday night at Wayville, could be an easy post player for you??

Reply #142250 | Report this post

Kym Taylor  
Years ago

Sweens would make a great Team Manager also, but there is no way Centrals could pay for his services, and have room to pay any players. He could change your program around in one training, as he brings locker-room discipline like no other.

Reply #142265 | Report this post

Lions Basketball  
Years ago

Go Vidmar!

Reply #142354 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

and how many ames have you suited up for Ricey? 3 by the looks of things so you dont look to wanted yourself.......

Reply #142368 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

that should say games*

Reply #142369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754