123abc
Years ago

Advertiser Articles 19/7/07

Forman fires up Sixers

FANS at the 36ers' practice scrimmage on Tuesday could have been forgiven for doing a double-take as Oscar Forman strutted his stuff.

Yes, that Oscar Forman who last year left Adelaide after 151 NBL games to join the NZ Breakers in Auckland. The "Big O" is back . . . but only on a holiday.

"I was at Darren Ng's engagement and ran into (36ers coach) Phil (Smyth) who said come out and join us in pre-season," Forman said. "Last week Dusty (Rychart) was having a run too and we were on the same (scrimmage) team.

More

From that picture you can see at the bottom of the new sixer shorts there is an ISC logo. New supplier?

Luke's goal to 'boom' again

ADELAIDE seven-footer Luke Schenscher cracked the Australian men's basketball team in 2001 as a "project" player.

Now Adelaide's 25-year-old, 216cm NBA prospect has paid his way back to the Gold Coast from the summer pro league in Las Vegas to push his claims for a Boomers' spot.

More

Questions on Singapore's NBL future

THE future of Singapore's NBL franchise will be determined within 12 days.

Bob Turner's courageous gamble of creating an Asian franchise and bringing it into the Philips Championship is still in need of greater financial security before the Slingers can confidently proceed into a second season.

But how calamitous would it be for any further NBL hopes of advancing into Asia if Singapore's team was allowed to collapse after just one season?

More

Topic #12206 | Report this topic

Paul  
Years ago

Singapore is gone. The big question is where will Gordie and Ben go?

Reply #142432 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Rumour has it, Slingers are going to this years Brunei Cup.. Looks like they could still be around.

Reply #142438 | Report this post

Dodger  
Years ago

I would hope the NBL are not putting any money into this overseas waste of time.

The NBL has been on shaky ground for many years. Lets consolidate what we have before spreading our wings.

Reply #142439 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I notice that Boti reckons Oscar has signed a new 3 year deal with the Breakers?
Any truth to that Isaac? Hoops exclusive maybe?

Reply #142465 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not my place to say. A NZ site mentioned something about a three-year deal late last week or earlier this week too.

Reply #142469 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754