Sween
Years ago

How many new plays per season?

At a Senoir / National level, how many new plays if any would a coach put introduce per season?
Is there a finite amount of plays in the game and
what methods do players use to learn new / additional plays when they change teams or a new coach is employed?

Topic #12208 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Is that you Phil?

thanks i will be here all night...try the veal.

Reply #142460 | Report this post

Phil McKracken  
Years ago

Phil puts plays in

5 Out Motion

And then we have more

Motion

and near the end of the game we will play some

motion

Reply #142464 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Execute a few well rather than many poorly.

Reply #142468 | Report this post

hoopla!!  
Years ago

Reply #142477 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

generally its good to have a play for both a zone and a man 2 man defense..as both instances involve different movements. e.g you dont set screens when the opposition os zoning

Reply #142493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Max, Teams do set screens against a zone. For example to flair shooters on the weakside of the zone. Pick & Rolls, Horns and Flairscreens are used at high levels against zones.

Reply #142502 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

yea i know what u mean..for my team we set screens on our triangle play against teams that are zoning..all im saying is its less common to use screens against a zone

Reply #142662 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Set plays can't set up many per season. it takes a few hours just to do the first pass.
The assistant coach runs it at practice. Then it doesn't work in a game so ya do it agen.
And, i just get bored.

Reply #142689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754