Anonymous
Years ago

Sheedy Sacked

Breaking news...Kevin Sheedy sacked.

Topic #12265 | Report this topic

Bomber  
Years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The only thing that can make this better is if we bring an Essendon legend back to coach!

Reply #142994 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dropping like flies!

Kevin Sheedy has been sacked as Essendon coach on Wednesday after a record 27 years at the helm of the AFL club.

Reply #142995 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Go TIGES!!!

Bring him home

Reply #142996 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Your kidding

He won't be alive long enough for the Tigers to get better.

Reply #142998 | Report this post

BIGballer  
Years ago

great chance for freo to get a real coach but sheeds should just enjoy his freedon for once

Reply #143002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should do a Garry Lion and earn shit loads in the media without the stress.

Reply #143003 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Mark Williams is bound to go next Tuesday or Wednesday right?

Last week the Fremantle Dockers sacked Chris Connelly the week they were dur to play the Crows. Today Essendon have sacked Sheedy the week they are dur to play the Crows.

As we know it happens in 3's, so next week Mark Williams should be looking over his shoulder at any unnecessary board meeting at Alberton as its showdown week

Reply #143004 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

As an Essendon memeber of 16 years I am throughly disappointed in the way this was handle.
Ray 'Im a big fat liar' Horsburgh came out yesterday on radio and said there would definetly be no desicion made until the end of the season when they in fact decided after Sheedy left the board meeting on Monday night.
For someone who has been there 27 years I think a lot more respect should be shown.
Why when we are still a fair chance of making the finals would they do this?
Im shattered.

Reply #143008 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Seems a kick in the guts for one of the icon's of the game.

They could have at least sent him out in a more deserving way. Maybe let him retire and coach one more match.

Good luck to him, hopefully Choco sounds him out..

Reply #143010 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Sheedy came out and said he would not quit/retire and if they wanted him out they'd have to sack him, so I don't think that was an option DB5.

But would have been better

I have a $100 bet with a colleague Sheedy will coach the Demons next year. He took it last week before this happened, so he's worried now...

Reply #143012 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'll bet you a hundred he will be coach of the Tigers next years.

Wallace is about to get a nice big payout for the 2 years he still has left on his contract.

Reply #143013 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Gotta feel sorry for the man

27 years at the club

Has them at 8 wins 8 loses, which i reckons a fair effort with the list they have

And he gets the arse

Wheres the loyalty in football these days

Reply #143014 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The coaching changes may actually have more interest than the players during the off-season.

Freo, Melbourne, Essendon and Carlton jobs are all open.

Neither Laidley or Thompson are renegotiating their contracts for next season.

Richmond have not hidden the fact that they have wanted Sheedy for 10 years, so Wallace must be feeling pretty shaky.

Going to be a REAL interesting off-season for coaching. Could be 7-8 changes easily.

Reply #143016 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Lockstock,
Caro Wilson said last week that an admin job at Richmond was in the wind - He's blowing our way!

Reply #143018 | Report this post

swallow  
Years ago

yea, ya have to feel for these mega millionaires who have nothing to fall back on but money.
Maybe one of the 600 geelong ford workers retrenched might get a gig as Essendon coach for the next two and a half decades.

Reply #143024 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

He hasnt been sacked, he will coach until the end of his contract and will not be renewed.

personally i think its an error on Essendons part however i dont think he has been treated badly. He will be given an opportunity to say gbye, and will have any number of clubs knocking on his door.

Congrats to the man, 27 years in this professional sport is an amazing achievement, if you look at coaching over the past decade, there arent to many who have survived 5+ years at one club.

This may well be exactly how the 36ers handle Phil next year, complete contract.. do the right thing and say gbye...(not that i would support such a move, unless there is a better option in the wind)

Reply #143028 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Mahatma - pffft

Sween - I hope so. I'm pretty sure he'd love to end up at the Tigers in some respect. I think Wallace will be given at least one more year if not 2, so put Sheedy in a cushy front office role and move him in a s coach if things don't work out with Wallace.

Could happen

Reply #143029 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If they give Wallace another year Sheeds will be snapped up elsewhere like Melbourne.
Richmond will already be getting in touch.

Reply #143031 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Lockstock sounds like he's on the money. Expect the Sheeds in some office role with the Tiges.....waiting...for Wallace's time to run out

Reply #143053 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

pagan was sacked,sheedy wont be offered a new contract when this one expires and will see out the season,bit of difference there,at least this way the club can give a decent farewell

Reply #143066 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

No question the Tigers want him, but the AFL will surely have some say in that.

As Skip said above the gossip in Melb is they will pay Wallace out at the end of the year, as he still has 2 years left to go. (by the way could be a very good deal for him IF he can pick up a gig at one of the other clubs. He'd get 3 years salary in 1)

I can't see the AFL however being too happy about a Club they are financially supporting ripping up $1 mill+ to pay out one coach to sign another, who doesn't come cheap.

Reply #143098 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754