Anonymous
Years ago

Young ABL players and the sixers

Just wondering how young abl players are travelling in sixers training, plyers like Gerlach, Wood, Rowe, Leroy etc

Topic #12282 | Report this topic

Mr. Big Shot#1  
Years ago

Whose Leroy? :s

Reply #143204 | Report this post

Punta Arenas  
Years ago

been at a few scrimmages and thought i'd share.

"tweeners" are interesting. can't hide your size at this level.

stands out if you can't shoot (tom rowe), play only one side of the court (mapunda) or if you are a "role player" in a good team (rowe again, sorry). someone who is an ok shooter, but not great, becomes a liability.

kids that have stood out the most are burdon and dodman - carry themselves like they belong at this level and play that way too. as does papendiek - although he would need to be a better handler and creator in a hurry because at his size he is a combo guard in the nbl.

clausen did some real nice things too (moving without the ball, finishing at the hoop), but he's an inch or two small for a 3man at nbl level so he may need to move down to the 2.

molitor has a ton of potential but he is so out of shape for a 3 man at the nbl level. he needs to take a year to drop some weight and get some athleticism. shoots well and makes good decisions though.

Reply #143205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rowe has had easy ride mummy watchs our for him has not done anything for ages stay home all day what happen to colleage ball

Reply #143232 | Report this post

lickitysplit  
Years ago

How do these guys even get a look in to train with the sixers anyway?

As was said above Tom Rowe?
No way, Leroy- anyone can score a bit in abl if you take 20 shots per gaIf they are in waht about some other guys like Fildes, Craddock, Braithwaite, spud.
U cant say its the height either because the other guys arent weven that much taller, and would play guard at nbl anyway

Reply #143244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if leroy aint that good, why cant any one stop him? if he is taking 20 shots he's making atleast 10 and getting himself open. i wouldnt mind i were scoring 20 every week and having people think i wasnt that good. damn u guys r harsh

Reply #143301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754