skip
Years ago

NBL likely to go without Major Sponsor

With Phillips have now jumped off board the League is still yet to secure a major sponsor for this coming season but may decide go go without for a year.
Commissioner Rick Burton is quoted saying "We've got somebody interested in us... But it might be better for us to wait a year."
Major Sponsorship is believed to be worth more than 1 million per year for the league.

Full Story
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22170365-23769,00.html

Topic #12335 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

What no toothbrushes for the POTW?

Reply #143676 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Gee I bet Eddie is sitting there thinking why don't I just take over the lot??

Reply #143678 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

?The ABC Learning Centre NBL

and.....................

The ABC Learning Centre Playpen.

Reply #143679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better to wait for a year ??!!???!!

Reply #143687 | Report this post

Jonesy  
Years ago

"Better for us to wait a year"

Im struggling to come up with a reason here.

Could it be some company has offered like twice the price when they have sponsorship money freed up from another body in a years time?

That is all I can think of. I would presume that no other company would want to commit for only a 1 year deal in the interim.

The other reason could be that Rick is just talking absolute crap.

Ideas?

Reply #143688 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

I think, becasue basketball in Australia is currently being reviewed, a sponser who signs on now might then be given the flick after one season. There was talk that Basketball Australia and the NBL would become one ogranisation- they both have different sponsers, some of which may compete against each other. I guess next season will be the big one then, a new structure might be in place, they very well might need a new major sponsor and a new tv deal.

Reply #143690 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Lets all chuck in $2 each so Hoops SA can sponsor the NBL for a few grand!

Reply #143695 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Probably like the AFL just waiting for a bidding war between 7, 9 and 10. If only.

Reply #143706 | Report this post

Mute Mal  
Years ago

Reply #143717 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

So this means the sponsorless sixers will be playing in a sponsorless league. Just great

Reply #143733 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Chicken and egg here folks, unless Free TV take it on..no sponsor, unless sponsored..no promotion...no promotion....no crowds/interest... therefore... no TV, and around we go again, someone at the nbl needs to do some serious work with the clubs...cut their spending on players, coaches, management etc... and put some serious marketing on the table...generate interest...you will get TV..and all will be fine...

promote or die!

Reply #143737 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nothing's happening because of the potential restructure of the league and its relationship with BA.

Reply #143746 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Wait, Puramilk won't renew sponsoring the Sixers?

I thought it was because Adelaide have chosen a better sponsorship deal...

Reply #143778 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

As far as its known i think Pura Milk is still on board, i thought they were going to stick around even if a new major was announced.

Reply #143808 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754