Anonymous
Years ago

New Link Lightning Logo

Just noticed the Lightning have a new logo. Can't seem to find any media release, but it's on their website - www.adelaidelightning.com

Topic #12357 | Report this topic

D16  
Years ago

Link Lightning...... i know Link Engineering sponsor the team but does this mean "Adelaide" is no longer part of their official title?

Reply #143911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this is the case, then the Lightning will be the only club in the league without the name of their home city in their name or on the logo.

Reply #143912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vince has said quite a few times in public he wants a South Australian team not an Adelaide one

Reply #143927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Instead of being the Adelaide QUIT Lightning they are now the Adelaide Link Lightning.

Reply #143952 | Report this post

bog  
Years ago

this is a damn shame - the new logo is butt ugly and leaving of the Adelaide tag is the dumbest thing i have seen.

You need a connection somewhere, this is just so vague.

Why doesn't anyone spend some decent money on getting a team to look awesome - they may actually sell some merchandise if it appeals to the general public!!

Reply #144059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What kind of merchandise do you expect?

Reply #144066 | Report this post

bog  
Years ago

i'm talking about decent replica playing tops and team based t-shirts. Things that aren't covered in all the bullshit advertising that soaks the life out of any half interesting top.

I hope the 6ers gear is better this time round - even their new logo isn't anything to right home about...

Reply #145175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

vince needs to pull his finger out and stop buying players from overseas and intersttate and start to look at a core group from adelaide players. how do you expect to keep a core group of girls. Vince is just trying to buy a championship...but i still dont think he's got the right talent, especially with his one element daughter playing. can she play if she cant shot from outside. i dont think so.

Reply #146039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Phil Smyth needs to pull his finger out and stop signing imports from overseas and players from interstate and start to look at a core group of players from Adelaide.

Nah, dumb idea. Sign the best you can and try to win.

Reply #146057 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754