yogee
Years ago

Dramas at Wollongong

This is yet to be confirmed officially, but 2 separate sources at the Wollongong / Crocodiles game have advised me that

a) not only did Stacker refuse to shake hands with Joyce after the game

b) Stacker actually headbutted Joyce.

The non shake is confirmed as definitely happening....the headbutt is still trying to be confirmed...but as I said I have heard this from 2 people now.

Topic #1236 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Okay...the official word seems to be that there was no head butt, but was some push and shove, and they had to be separated by Mike Kelly.

Stacker claims that Joyce yanked him (stacker) towards Joyce, during the handshake.

Joyce is saying that Stacker grabbed his hand extremely hard, so pulled out of the handshake.

So...no headbutt, but will be interesting to see what the NBL has to say in the morning

Reply #14054 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

stacker doesn't actually shake hands with many coaches but have to ask if no handshake was confirmed how can stacker or joyce make a push shove out of a handshake that didn't happen.

'The non shake is confirmed as definitely happening....the headbutt is still trying to be confirmed...but as I said I have heard this from 2 people now.

yogee, 19/11/04 '

'Stacker claims that Joyce yanked him (stacker) towards Joyce, during the handshake.

Joyce is saying that Stacker grabbed his hand extremely hard, so pulled out of the handshake.'

and it won't be the first or the last time these two show their bad manners.

Reply #14058 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Ok...well the first part of my report came from 2 people, one via phone from the stadium, and 1 via msn as soon as they got home from the game.

Aopparantley what was seen wasnt overly clear from all sides of the stadium (something they didnt bother telling me at the time).

I then spoke with my OzHoops correspondent, after the media conference, where they got both coaches sides of things.

There was definitely some sort of altercation, in wghich Mike Kelly had to separate the coaches.

STacker may also be facing charges after apparantley "charging down" Bill Mildenhall after the game as well, and have some sort of verbal altercation with him.

I apologise for the errors in the original report...I had 1 report, and when I had confirmation of the same event from someone else, I took it as relatively accurate.

Reply #14064 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

No drama Yogee wasn't having a go at you. just pointing out that sometimes we can't believe all that we read :)

not meaning any disrepect but 'we' in general tend to post something or report something only to find out shortly after that the first reports were incorrect or like i have on here left a 'nt of the end of a word which changes the meaning of the post entirely.

again not a criticism of your writing or reporting just an observation of quirks

Reply #14065 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Exactly correc bias....things canbe incorrect, which is why I didnt post anything when I heard from the first person. However when the 2nd contacted me withthe same story, I thought there had to be somethng to it....live and learn.....

Reply #14070 | Report this post

biasbinding  
Years ago

years ago when studying politics at uni yogee we were taught that it was perfectly acceptable for reporters to hear a story get it confirmed with one other source and be able to go to print.

often the first stories to be reported are often a little askew.

haven't we all seen the 500 killed in train derailment to see half an hour later 350 killed 150 injured then later for it to be reported differently again. and a story is dead usually after 3 days and some don't see the retraction or the final figure.

and as you would know half the stories you hear don't get on radio or to the print media anyway

Reply #14078 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Very very true.

Suprisingly, no comment from the NBL regarding the issue at this time either.

Reply #14080 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754