p ant
Years ago

Woolacott: An accolode deserved

its amazing how so many of you knife throwers are happy to sling shite at a coach when the results arent what you think but yet you are so damn quiet when that same person does so well. Well to you Damien (although i know you dont read this crap) i take my hat off to you buddy what a great effort to be in the gf. You must have done bloody well considering how people only write to knock you down and its been so quiet on here as late. Way to show them and all the best for sat night.

Topic #12380 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you think it is fair for an NBL player who was down here just for the competition should've been awarded the Woolacott Medal? Sure Dusty had very impressive numbers, but I personally think that Todd Matthews should've been awarded.

Reply #144106 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Dusty was the best player by far. That's what the medal is awarded for.

Reply #144108 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #144106, I agree with you to some extent because I too was arguing earlier on that a player the calibre of Dusty who comes from a higher league had an unfair advantage. However, if the award was given for the best player, he was clearly better than Todd Matthews by more than what the tally suggested. Given Dusty missed 3 or 4 games in the season, he still managed to pip Matthews without the opportunity to score more votes on the missed games. On top of that, he is not the only NBL player in this league, yet everyone had the opportunity to win it and has been won in the past by NBL players.

Reply #144114 | Report this post

I dont understand how its an unfair advantage to be so good that you are in the NBL?

Reply #144123 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If you've played NBL you are eligable (every player has an opportunity)

Reply #144126 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754