David K
Years ago

Goorjan's scorecard so far - last tournament

Australia finishing 4th out of 6 teams isn't a great result at recent tournament.

Goorj continues to blame roster. I have to say i have a gripe how he continues to run teams. Sure you have to go to your bench but i think he overdoes it. He even said that Australia slid in the third quarter when the bench went on. Look, why go to a weak bench so much. Sure, he says we are building and these guys need the court time, but at the expense of wins. If guys are hot and scoring don't take them off, leave them on. I think other teams do this better, and leave their stars on court longer. Goorjan goes too far with his team ethos thing.

What do other people think?

Topic #12384 | Report this topic

Flip  
Years ago

He went to the bench for them to get playing time. So if they go crap then he wont play them against NZ we hope.

The teams that beat us arn't that bad. Serbia, Italy and Coatia. All basketball powerhouses with Solid Leagues.

Reply #144113 | Report this post

Not.  
Years ago

Pill Smyth didnt have the luxury of blaming a poor bench, did he?

Reply #144139 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

No Smyth didn't, but he did chose to put Mark Nash on it.

Reply #144473 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754