Durant

Men:
Haines
Filmer
Haebich

Topic #12386 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if this is true, the Men's Referee of the Year isn't even doing the Men's GF.

Reply #144147 | Report this post

thats it  
Years ago

Yes, they need some strength on the girls games too.

All the best to all concerned.

Special Congrats to Daniel and Nathan D, first Grand Finals.

Reply #144155 | Report this post

Benn McDonald  
Years ago

Just to clear this up a bit...

The Awards for the year are completely seperate to the appointments made to the Finals.

The grand final appointments are made based on many factors seen mainly in the finals series decided by the referee selection committee to get the best combination available across both games.

The awards are based on many factors seen throughout the entire season by coaches and referee coaches. Not all the time will this reflect what the finals appointments will be.

I believe the finals appointments are fair and reasonable for all concerned, every referee on court saturday night have earnt this reward. As have the players earnt the reward to have some of the best performing officials appointed to their game. Everyone can be assured of this.

Whilst I am very greatfull for the award and I thank everyone for their continued support, I am also just happy to be out on the floor saturday night to enjoy what will be an excellent night for South Australian Basketball.

Get out there and support it.

Reply #144167 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Wonder where Weeks and Tsakalos are?? Are our most experienced officials, used on semis, why not finals. I'm sure the powers to be will have some plausible reason????

Reply #144169 | Report this post

Leo 43  
Years ago

Weeks has been out of the country. Tsakalos was unwell one weekend and is the reserve for both GFs.

Reply #144183 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754