Someones Mother
Years ago

ABA GRAND FINAL

hi guys, I have 2 young boys who are at present playing basketball for their schools and I would love to take them to see the ABA Grand Final. I know its at the Dome this Saturday, but can someone please tell me the time and the cost. I'm glad the game is at the Dome, it will be good to see the renovations. Also what time is the girls game.

Topic #12398 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Women - 6:15
Men - 8:15

Sorry I don't know the cost

Reply #144272 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

$10.00 Adults

$5.00 Concession

FREE Child U/15 or Juniors in club uniform.

Reply #144274 | Report this post

Someones Mother  
Years ago

Thanks guys for the info, I really appreciate it. :)

Reply #144278 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

All Sixer, Lightning, Basketball and sports fans in general should get out to the Dome this saturday night, it promises to be a huge game in the mens and im sure the womens will be just as good.
Be fantastic if this could be the first packed Dome for the year and launch it back to the good times at the stadium!

Reply #144284 | Report this post

max  
Years ago

and it is the Central ABL grand final - NOT ABA !!!

ABA Final is in two weeks at MSAC, and judging by the central performance the last few years, i doubt any sa team will even be attending the final four at msac, as they will all lose in the first round.

Reply #144353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it seriously $10 for an adult!? What is all the money for? The renovations!?

Reply #144356 | Report this post

you seriously complaining about paying $10 to see two games of Championship basketball???

Fair dinkum, harden up!

Reply #144358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some people cant afford to take the family pickles maybe u should b understanding and grow up!!!

Reply #144359 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Also allow between $5-7 for parking - that got me last year! A couple less beers!!

Reply #144371 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Sorry just read the flyer - apparently parking is just $2!!
What a bargain. No need for Car pool!!

Reply #144372 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

anon #144356 - $10 entry probably won't even cover the cost of opening the dome and paying for security and staff to run the place, let alone pay for renovations. We're living in 2007, not 1977 !! Seems pretty cheap to me if you compare it to the entry price of just about any other grand final on earth.

Reply #144404 | Report this post

ABL  
Years ago

Agreed Shirley,
and if you think about the calibre of player in the men's game, Dusty Rychart, David Cooper for example, it will be the cheapest price to see these guys play this year, plus not to mention the quality of the contest.
i have seen all three previous encounters and the standard was better than what we had to watch with the Sixers last year.
only a fool wouldnt come see this game, especially if it was because of $10.

Reply #144407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The entrance $ is really fantastic - hey a family of mum, dad and 2 kids is only $20-00 for 4 hours of top level sport. Seems a good deal. Some families would waste more than that on junk food and hiring a DVD on the weekend.

Reply #144447 | Report this post

Can't afford it...? Take a bloody thermos of coffee, some cordial for the kids, and for mum, dad and 2.3 kids it will cost you $22 including parking if your kids are under 15 or in club uniform.

Reply #144471 | Report this post

Someones Mother  
Years ago

Im glad the game is at the Dome, then there is no worry about parking and seats. Makes it easier to decide to go. I wouldnt go if my kids couldnt get a decent view of the game. And, btw, my kids play basketball for their school, but not district, so it will cost me $5 for each of them, and that is money well spent if they enjoy the game and get some inspiration to enjoy the sport they love to play too. Its all good. If its too expensive for some people then they can stay home and read about it on HoopsSA.

Reply #144491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someones mother & all other mums and dads,

This is off the Central ABL website:

Adults $10

Concession $5

Car Park $2

Program $2

Free Entry for Children Under 15

No mention of club uniforms so it looks like all Children Under 15 will be admitted for free.

Reply #144499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think all kids under 15 will be admitted free, but the clubs (especially West, Norwood & North) are encouraging their players to show up in uniform.

Reply #144513 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754