FM
Years ago

Slingers 2007

The slingers have entered their lineup for the Brunei Cup! Can someone help out the nameless team.

http://www.bruneicup.com/ Check out there team for the cup.

2. Koh Meng Koon
5. Pathman Matialakan
7. Mike Helms
8. Ben Knight
9. Aaron Trahair

Topic #12405 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Good call about the players. I was curious about the coaches too. Is the Team Manager Russell York related to ex-Woodville Coach Tracy York by any chance?

Reply #144380 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Moses Guthrie.

Russell is Tracy's husband. Both Tracy and Russell are on leave from SA Police while Tracy coaches. Russell was unable to work in Singapore and picked up the Manager's job due to knowing Gordie McLeod (both from NSW).

Reply #144383 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Don't worry about the Slingers it looks like there are two type of teams competing. Those with more officials than players and those straight out of jail.

Reply #144388 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

looking at the website and the pics for the brunei cup it appears the slingers roster is

Trahair/Shane McDonald
Helms/Koh Meng Koon
Rod Gizzard/John Fitzgerald
Knight/Pathman Matialakan
Chris Cameron/Blagoj Janev

How do you think that team will go in the NBL, the starting 5 looks ok providing Gizzard is a good import and Cameron and Janev can atleast give around 15pts 10 rpds between them, the bench is very inexperienced though but will be intersting to see how some of the young aussies go

Reply #144452 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

No sign of Marcus Ng?

Any word on him signing with them?

Reply #144458 | Report this post

Will they go to 12 players or just stay with 10 ?

How long can a player be classified as a development player ?

Fitzy and Janev should positively surprise many once the season gets going.

Reply #144521 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Marcus is over playing in the World University games until next weekend so may not hear anything for a while.

Reply #144529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rumours are there but as of yesterday, Trahair hasn't signed any papers with the Slingers.

Reply #144532 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Well Trahair is playing for them in Brunei, and considering that is the Slingers pre-season, a signing is on the cards. If not, he is team less.

Reply #144555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Janev will be good. Very surprising no other teams chased him, although he was playing in Europe somewhere.

Reply #144676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You only think Trahair is playing in Brunei because they've added him to that tournament website. Pretty stupid if they haven't actually closed the deal with him yet.

And yes if he doesn't sign with Slingers he is team-less, but perhaps he's ready for that......

I have a feeling he'll sign with the Slingers anyway, but he certainly hasn't AT THIS POINT.

Reply #144703 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

My Slingers (NBL Season) Roster:

Ben Knight
Pero Vasilijevic
Mike Helms
Chinese Import
Aaron Trahair
Pathman Matialakin
Kong Meng Koon
Adrian Majstrovich
Eban Hymas
Kane Oakley

Reply #144806 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Oh and add Marcus Ng to that roster.

Reply #144807 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Marcus aint going to Singapore. Is still focused on studies in Adelaide.

Reply #144812 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Oh.. good, I dont want hime to leave, I'm just saying I would love to have him if I were working for the Slingers as he has an asian background but wouldn't count as an import. Anyway, is Marcus in the 36ers 07/08 squad?

Reply #144832 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754