Topic #12427 | Report this topic

Billy Fikes  
Years ago

Yeah Baby!!! Go you Rockets !!!

Reply #144631 | Report this post

Stadium Monkey  
Years ago

Should make the title more accurate.

Rockets are the Central ABL Mens Champions.

West Adelaide are the Womens Champions.

well done to both teams!

Reply #144646 | Report this post

North  
Years ago

The Rocket Revolution has begun!

Reply #144658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north better on the night but norwood is a better team!! North go 6 or 7 deep Norwood goes 8 or 9

Reply #144671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmmmm sour grapes....

Reply #144673 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

rockets shoot down norwood in flames - cant shot cant play - flames shot themselvews in the foot - there come back was just terrific but shooting just never gave themselves a chance - would have love to see how north would have handled the pressure if norwood had got back - never know but north looked wobbly

Reply #144686 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Was at the game and I was curious why Chubby Kersten doesn't get a run? Not sure if he's allowed to from the Breakers but if he is .....
I prefer Zorich at the point over most PG's in CABL so I applaud the decision to play him, Im just wondering.

Reply #144707 | Report this post

the ghost  
Years ago

Went to local final disappointed at the standard congrats to North gee Dustys a quality player without him result may of been different.Sapwell appeared to not coach very well let the game get right away before he did anything what do you guys think?

Reply #144709 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

ryan knew he wasn't going to play much, if at all before the game!
But he still decided to come back from NZ for the game

Reply #144716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats North Adelaide Rycharts

Reply #144722 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Earlier in the season people were saying that Schueller wasn't necessarily a good coach because he had a stacked team. One good player does not constitute a stacked team. Anon 144722 give credit to the whole team.

Reply #144726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHY HAVE SO MANY PLAYERS ON THE BENCH JUSTIN DID HAVE A STACKED TEAM SEE WANT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR.

Reply #144737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your damned if you do damned if you don't. Scheuller attracts a player to the league of Dustys talent and wins the title and he is bagged. What was he meant to do? Not recruit dusty and not win the title??? Norwood had Cooper and did they manage to win? The fact was that anyone that has a basketball eye could see that Norwood was outcoached. The lineups, overall, were fairly even its just players like Eze and Ziggy were utilised better than the Norwood guards and Rychart was able to be freed up to do his thing.

Pappendiek was impressive. He will be a very good player at ABL or even crack the NBL in years to come.

Reply #144740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, good comment Maxy! :P

Reply #144744 | Report this post

Matt Sparkman  
Years ago

Well done Justin in your Rookie year, the boys played with class and sportsmanship.
It was very exciting to watch, and I think it was a great brand of basketball personally.
Good luck to Ryan in NZ this year, Eze with his NBL aspirations and Dusty with the Bullets.
Everyone on the team - great stuff, I know how hard you've all worked over the last 2-5 years and it's all paid off.
You should all be thinking
R E P E A T.

Reply #144774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In The Advertiser it says that the line up will pretty much be the same. unless Dusty gets a big offer from a euro team he will almost deffinatly be back and Ryan will also be back unless Breakers want him playing NZNBL in the NBL off season.

So what exactly are you expecting to be different next year?

Reply #144780 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good job coach Sparky..

Reply #144781 | Report this post

What a year for the Rockets!

Summer Season Champs
Blitz Champs
ABL Champs

2 members as all star 5
Woollocott Medalist

You guys should be proud of your efforts, the sky is the limit for you guys!

And as a past player of the club it was an absolute treat to watch you this year.

Congratulations and enjoy it, and best of luck this weekend in Geelong.

Reply #144923 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

worked hard last 2 - 5 years

Everyone on the team - great stuff, I know how hard you've all worked over the last 2-5 years and it's all paid off.

so who did the the hard work - i thought justin was a first year coach - are you forgetting somebody ??

Reply #145004 | Report this post

North fan  
Years ago

Yes hard work was put in, but if you had noticed the whole program was changed and obviously for the better.
They played a different style, far more positive, they were disciplined and played selfless.
So dont think anyone has been forgotten just praising the one that helped get the best out of home grown juniors and bring in one of the best players to ever play in the state league.
If people still arent willing to give Justin credit for winning this championship after he totally out coached Norwood, a team going in that many thought were favorites.
Congrats to the North its obvious as a spectator that their is a tight bond and belief amongst the group and i will enjoy watching again next year as you guys only get better.

Reply #145016 | Report this post

GymRats  
Years ago

NorthFan I beleive you hit it right on the head and Im not even from North.

Reply #145026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The very same North juniors that you saw in the finals were the very same selfish juniors where team work was all about me, me. They all need to be congratulated with how they have grown up to play a genuine team game and it makes Justin a standout in his ability to lead and get the best out of some of the best SA talent going around.
Well done North

Reply #145031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754