Kriss
Years ago

Im Fuming over the 6ers defence

I watched the game against the tigers!
They either play tougher D or we go out in the first round again!
Coops is trying but its crap if we score 100pts but GIVE UP 110 against a bloody team like the tigers!
Well get hammered by the real teams!

Topic #1243 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Actually, Adelaide Melbourne games are normally a shooting festival.

Adelaide's big men had foul problems, and so Thomas and Bradtke were allowed to run rampant.

Adelaide actually has the leagues 2nd best defence at the moment (up to the start of this round), allowing only 96 points per game. This is equal to Sydney, and only Wollongong have better, allowing only 90 per game.

So, one game does not make a season, maybe find some positive things to cheer about.

Reply #14154 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I was there and the 6ers really missed Rees in the middle, particularly against Bradtke. Cooper played admirably but wasn't enough by himself. His block stats should have been higher, he managed to get 3 consecutive blocks on one play in garbage time :D

They gave up an obscene amount of offensive boards and the Tigers took them apart down the stretch.

The refs didn't do us any favors, exacerbating our lack of size by calling touch fouls for Melbourne in the paint but allowing the Tigers to grab and hold on defense every time the 6ers went to the basket in the 2nd 1/2.

Bradtke did his normal domination of the tiny 6ers front line but Dave Thomas is an MVP candidate if he keeps getting opportunities in the Tigers offense. He torched Holmes and Forman repeatedly and oddly enough it was Willie Farley that did a reasonable job on him in the last.

Jacob had another ordinary game, with nothing dropping from outside he made a few buckets in the paint but didn't contribute much.
Oscar was quiet early but went out in a flurry of scoring and fouls, some of which were definately undeserved, the last one in particular.
Brett i thought played really well but his scoring (6/18) is worse than i remember it.

Reply #14158 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Our defence must suck, since we managed to beat Perth today. Can't beat the 'real teams' aye.

Reply #14184 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

My bad, i can hack that fly but we gotta work harder you gotta admit at D

Reply #14265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754