Tue 7/Aug 20 Elimination Final 2 (4 v 5) 0 Pasadena 1 Detailed Results
Enter Results

North Adelaide Rockets def. Norwood Flames

??????????????

Topic #12442 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

sorry that was a 20- 0 result.

saw them playing - some sort of technicality then ??

Reply #144723 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

Daniel Webber did not play the required 50% of reserves matches AFAIK hence a DQ for Norwood... anyone care to shed some light on this issue?

Reply #144755 | Report this post

Mishaps  
Years ago

144755, HaHa! If that is true then that is absolutely GOLD!!

Someone putting themselves in front of the entire program by any chance? Is this a surprise? The results speak for themselves.

Reply #144760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard that Norwood tryed to get him in under some sort of injury Technicality but were unsuccessful hence them being DQ.

Reply #144783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

injury technicality meaning that he was unable to play the first half of the year due to a shoulder recon. Norwood wasnt trying to do a dodgy, just slack on paperwork. Pretty standard Norwood management.

Reply #144785 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

is there a common thread here with any other type of situations this year - i not sure norwood carnival ??
rules are rules

Reply #144786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon I don't see it as an issue and certainly not cheating. BASA did not inform Norwood until after the game that the paperwork was not lodged. It was not their intention to decieve anyone in the process to gain an unfair advantage. Its not like a star ABA player that were talking about, its a kid who played 5 minutes of ABA all season. On the other hand i guess he did whip Leifs butt so he cant be all that bad.

Reply #144792 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Its up to the coaches to be aware of these rules.

I think Leif had more important games to worry about like winning an ABL title.

Reply #144798 | Report this post

Ouch!  
Years ago

That would also mean a hefty $1000 fine, I'd imagine - the cost of playing an un-qualified player in finals. Does anyone know whether they got hit for that?

Reply #144837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754