Anonymous
Years ago

NBL let Tigers re-rate Stiff

Stiff is not an 8 hes a 7 now 10pt player import can be gotten.
Trow out the Pts system its a farce

Topic #12453 | Report this topic

flatshot  
Years ago

i agree with NBL panel Stiffys more of a 6/7 than an 8.

Reply #144935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#144935 | Grrr!)
and Dmac and and and.

Why have a statistical pts sytem that you throw away when it suits

Reply #145033 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Stiff is no way near being an 8. Correct decision. Is going to make them tough though.

Reply #145039 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Using per 48 minutes stats.......

Is David Stiff with 18.5ppg, 9.3rpg, 4apg at 60%

any less value than

Hinder with 17.4ppg. 10.7rpg, 4.4apg at 44%
Wortho with 23.7ppg, 10.5rpg, 2.8apg at 43%
or
Holmes with 13.3ppg, 12.4rpg, 2.5apg at 43%???????

My answer is NO. He is CLEARLY in that level.

The fact that Melbourne choose to play him the minutes they do is their problem, not that of the league. The points system is meant to be their value, not their value to any particular team.

With that argument, you could bring Tim Duncan over here as a 10, only use him for 10 minutes per game and then claim a reduction the following season.

Stiff is a legit 20 and 10 player (well, almost) and should not be rated lower than that. What if Anstey gets injured? Can the league demand that Stiff only continue to play 10 minutes per game because that's what his rating allows for?

I want to know on what basis his points were reduced.....not that they'll ever explain it to lowly old me.

Reply #145090 | Report this post

I concur Dicko. Why have rules if you allow teams that are already strong exploit them with complete BS

You can bet your bottom dollar hat Stiffy will improve statistaclly this year as he does not have to split minutes with Dench.

This rule was brought in as a way of leveling out teams who were cheating the cap.

The Tigers are a great example of a team cheating the cap and now cheating the points system.

Singapore could use Stiffy, so the argument that he could not get a job elsewhere is BS.

Reply #145093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO WAY IS STIFF A 8 !!!!

CORRECT DECISION !!! 100 % !!!

HE IS A 7 MAX !!!!

DragonFan6453

Reply #145114 | Report this post

Greek Street  
Years ago

The NBL apparently lets the Kings set their own salary cap.

Reply #145408 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm assuming that you're making that up considering that the Kings are currently in such financial strife that they may not be able to recruit an import.

Reply #145411 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754