123abc
Years ago

NH- Lomax-Smith, time to resign

In the media lately, Jane Lomax-Smith, our lovley (or not so...) Education Minister has decided to propose making Instrumental Music Service change... Making the teachers have to teach large amount of students who are forced to play an instrument, beyond their will.

This has become into a huge issue, and has been on Today Tonight, all news stations and the Advertiser. This would be making thousands of music students have to to pay for 1 on 1 music lessons. Currently they are getting them for free.

The teachers would turn into primary school teachers having a large number of students with a lower success rate.

Jane Lomax-Smith has been in the media for her disagreement with the Victoria Racecourse stand and now this stupid proposal.

This will leave almost half of the teachers or more resigning and possibly moving to the eastern states.

I have heard that over a thousand people attended last night to a protest meeting and Lomax-Smith was invited. She didn't come.

Not only has she stopped Adelaide from growing by voting the conservative way, but she is now coming up with proposals to force children to do things they don't want too and making teachers do a different job.

My opinion is that she has been a disgrace, what's your opinion?

Should she resign?

Topic #12460 | Report this topic

Stadium Monkey  
Years ago

Apart from this decision she has been one of the better operforming ministers in a very arrogant Rann Government.

The thing that is brewing in the background is the possibility of the state not being covered by CFS volunteers this upcoming fire season, because Minister Carmel Zollo wont sign a volunteer charter, which is basically the same as an Enterprise Bargaining Agreement covering the rights and responsilbities of our 16,000+ volunteer firefighters.

The Rann Government has become too arrogant and too big for its boots....and i'm a life time Labour voter :(

Reply #145013 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I have always voted for Labor, but this time...well Liberal seems the better choice.

I am frustrated at Labor atm.

Reply #145014 | Report this post

Kevin 07  
Years ago

This is a Basketball Forum, why not keep it on topic. AND to all those people complaining about this, who DID YOU vote for the the last election... chances are it was the RANN government.

Reply #145015 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

we can discuss politics. There is a NH meaning not hoops. If you don't want to read the topic, we certainly didn't make it look like it was basketball, and this is a big issue in the media atm.

Who cares who we voted for? Right now, we have a problem. Her name is Lomax-Smith.

(This forum also seems to be very Liberal, abusing Labor politicians, why not continue with one that actually deserves it?)

Reply #145017 | Report this post

pb  
Years ago

Arent you a bit young to vote 123abc?

Reply #145019 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Lomax-Smith does have a conflict of interest but it's more to do with her lovechild- the parklands which are chronically underused and a grandstand wouldn't actually do much harm to the environment. Also it has to be understood that Lomax-Smith does not make these decisions by herself talks to different people and then comes up with whatever she believes is the right move.

But why shouldn't students have to pay to learn an instrument?!? Its not a students right to play/learn and instrument its choice and privilege however I don't believe that all students should be forced to play one, that would be a monumental waste of money.

The real inability of the government and Lomax-Smith is to listen to the people of this state- who voted for them in the first place. More should be done to fund schools, hospitals and vital infrastructure that our city is so sorely lacking.

Reply #145024 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

my thoughts exactly pb but 123 is right its nh so you can discuss whatever if you dont like the subject dont read it

Reply #145025 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Last time i checked, 26 was old enough to vote.

Maybe you are thinking about another country that can't vote at all?

Reply #145034 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Strange that you only ever post before 8am and after 3:30pm 123abc.

That is apart from weekends and school holidays though.

Reply #145037 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What???? She is forcing Teachers to teach students.......

and students must pay for one on one tuition.......

Reply #145042 | Report this post

Mandy_Kae  
Years ago

Since when did you have to be over 18 to have a view on something? Especially when you are wanting to contribute to thoughtful discussion!

Reply #145043 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

don't be fooled anon , 123 abc is actually eddy groves and if you bag him he may send over a few undersized yet very eager hitmen .
JJ

Reply #145072 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

:0

Reply #145096 | Report this post

chuckles  
Years ago

J Lo is a cunning lady. Rann said "I want more money" to the Treasurer. The Treasurer spoke to the ministers and the ministers spoke to the underlings. Instrumental music is absolutely fantastic and a fantastic thing that we have in our state. I can't believe that the Government wrecks so many things that are working. They do it sneakily too. The thing that they are doing to the Instrumental teachers is making the teach in huge classes. How dumb is that. They know that it won't work I think that's why they are doing it. Rotten way to save money and then take away something that we have.

Reply #145098 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

There seems to be a recurring theme in lots of Rann Government announcements lately - the fact that they continuously bypass public consultation and just do whatever the hell they want!! It happened with Hill and the new Marj hospital, Rankine with real estate legislation, now J-Lo with this one. And I'm sure there are more examples too. I don't understand why you wouldn't consult the people who are in-the-know and most affected by their proposals?? It bewilders me!!

Reply #145105 | Report this post

"What???? She is forcing Teachers to teach students..."

She is, but the real problem is that Jane Anthrax-smith hasn't consulted the people who really know whats needed - the teachers.

Don't ask me to comment on whats best for nurses/doctors, etc... I'm not one.

Jane isn't a teacher - how could she know whats best? Greater consultation with the REAL experts would've avoided a lot of stress and disruption to the education system.

As for th ppl considering the alternative... what are we seeing that makes us think things will be better under Liberal??? F--- A-- IMHO.

Reply #145124 | Report this post

Jane Homax-Smith  
Years ago

I am a Joke of a parliamentarian and hopefully someone sacks me soon... I not only screw up this Music teaching shambles but I screw up most other things as well.

Reply #145136 | Report this post

I got it bad!  
Years ago

I cant help it... I must admit I have a huge crush on Jane Lomax (The Romulan) Smith.

Keep on getting on the news, I need my J-Lo fix every day!

Reply #145218 | Report this post

chuckles  
Years ago

I don't know about her being a Romulan. I think she's a witch with a very pointy nose................
My daughters said that they saw a wart.

Reply #146259 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754