Press Release from the sixers makes it official

Topic #12477 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Where is said press release?

Reply #145280 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

hate him now! have the 36ers mentioned who they've looked at as back up??

Reply #145285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waste of a signing i say... we will never see him in a sixers, unless he's past his prime...

Now the signing in off season isn't great, as it seems like neil will be coming in

Reply #145286 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

damned if you do damned if you dont, i for one are glad at least the club actively pursued him. best of luck in the greek league newley

Reply #145292 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

lets hope he actually gets paid, the greek league is notorious for the way it "looks after " its imports.

Would be funny if he headed back here with no dollars after little court time. I hope he doesn't but just would be a funny situation.

Reply #145296 | Report this post

Edinburgh 99  
Years ago

Press Release...

Brad Newley has officially decided to pursue opportunities in Europe by signing with Panionios Athens in Greece. He admitted the decision was difficult but went on to add that the 36ers will always be there as an option for him but believed the time was right to ply his trade overseas. The 36ers will move swiftly to replace him with just over 5 weeks until the start of the 2007/08 NBL season. They have had plans in place ever since signing Newley back in May. Those plans will now be put into overdrive as settling the team down as soon as possible has become the priority. The 36ers will fly to Melbourne next Friday for a pre season game against the Melbourne Tigers at Sandringham on Saturday night. For all media requests and for further information, please contact the Adelaide 36ers Operations Manager Paul Bauer...... blah blah blah

Reply #145300 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Neil Motteram would be a great fit!

Maher
Chappell
Motteram
Ballinger
Dench

Davison
Cooper
Copeland
Sutton
Ng

Reply #145307 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

newley has a 'no-cut' clause in his contract, but not too sure if he has a 'guaranteed court time' clause or a 'free splinter removal' clause.

Greeks are notorious for placing their unliked imports on the bench and making their lives difficult without offering to cut them or buy them out.

Reply #145311 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Does he also have a salary waivure clause? Hope he read the microscopic print.

Reply #145318 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

The Journo,

Neil Mottram.

Reply #145320 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

do u think while he is in melbourne he should speak to shane heal to be more informed of his time there?

Reply #145324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dam shame he would have fitted in nicely

Reply #145330 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

i think he would have had plenty of chats with JR about being an import in the greek league. does anyone know who JR played for?

Reply #145344 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If they screw him over, he will have no trouble getting a job elsewhere. Best of luck to him.

Seems to be replacing Gerry McNamara who played just one minute of his 2006/07 contract before returning to the US. I read that he apparently received US$90,000 for that single minute of court time!

Reply #145357 | Report this post

Rocketman  
Years ago

I would hate to say I told you so, but I did + the Mottram news

Reply #145385 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:28 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754