Horsham Herald
Years ago

How do the Rockets beat Geelong tonight?

What do the rockets need to do to take the game tonight against the Sepercats in Geelong?

Topic #12492 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

You could try exploiting their weaknesses assuming you know what they are. Does anyone know much about the teams they are competing against? Unless you do there's not much homework you can do to prepare for it. Having said this, I would imagine all the teams are in the same boat and all you can do is bring with you your best game.

Reply #145465 | Report this post

**8Myhil  
Years ago

All the supercats do is sit in a 3/2 Zone ALL game, attack it and shoot the hell out of it from range... oh, and play some D.
Reardon is the one to stop on the Supercats list, and myers. Brown is down on form bigtime and has become the 2nd import now.

Reply #145466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simple. They can't!

Reply #145468 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

My strategy would be to score more points and keep them to less points. Its just an idea tho.

Reply #145470 | Report this post

Yaoza  
Years ago

My strategy is to tell Geelong Dr Bullshits (original) joke. They will laugh so hard that they won´t be able to play.

Reply #145476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Send geelong a laxette laced chocolate bavarian cake for lunch and afternoon tea, lace water with valium and then pray.

Reply #145477 | Report this post

PT  
Years ago

Is Dusty playing for the Rockets tonight??

As previously stated, the Supercats sit back in a zone. So if you have enough zone busters with enough open looks, you'll certainly get close.

Reply #145481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get Ezy some open looks and he can win the game himself

Reply #145484 | Report this post

by scoring more goals than them

Reply #145485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My strategy now is to tell Geelong Dr Bullshits and ELG jokes. They will laugh so hard that they won´t be able to play.

Score more points haha, good one fellas!

Reply #145489 | Report this post

Pugsley  
Years ago

Well the scoring more points theory didn't work, North went down by 29 points

Reply #145492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is your super coach now Dusty?

Reply #145496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spotted this on OzHoops:

A 1500 strong crowd at the Arena saw the Supercats in charge from the first tip. Rockets kept pace until midway in the first when Geelong droped it into top gear and cruised away. hangover (sloppy) defence inthe second let Nth Adelaide keep pace and Geelong had a 16 point lead at the half although had a margin of 24 near the end of the period. Supercats put them away in the third increasing the lead to 23 and then cruised home to a 29 point win.

A disappointing crowd. I'm not sure whether folks understand that after the grand final there are three games to play, I guess that is a marketing thing.

7 Supercats in double figures, the best was Myers with 32 while reardo has a near triple double with 17 points 11 assists and 9 rebs. Cox (yes Cox) and Brown had 16 each.

Geelong 120 to Nth Adelaide 91

Reply #145500 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Interesting stuff. 1500 is a disppointing crowd, in a venue that jam packed cannot fit more than 1650!

IMO its not a marketing thing - its a SEABL thing. The SEABL, as good as it is, confuses the whole national finals thing. You can't market it as state vs state and that is a problem. one of the strengths and fun of our other national club competition, the U14's, is that it is still confined, and you get a strong state rivalry because of it.

Try explaining to someone outside of the game what the finals are.

"the champions of each state play against each other and some of them also play against the champion of the SEABL which actually has two champions and plays across five states during the regular season".

and the person on the other side of the table just nods, stares blankly, then gets up to order the next shout.

Reply #145504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting...

If Geelong only seats 1650 how did they get 2150 to the SEABL East Grand Final last week against Canberra?? Riddle me that Batman.

As expected, Geelong were way to strong. Should be a good game next week against a very strong Cairns team.

Reply #145506 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Does anyone know of a site where I can see photos of the game?

Reply #145508 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Geelong have been over-stating their crowds for years. The Pre Commonwealth Games configuration was less than 1500 seats + boxes. So including standing room capacity was around 1800.

The changes for Comm games took 150 seats out of that.

Reply #145509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who ever met Geelong first round was always going to be unlucky, no matter what league they came from so North very unlucky to get it in their first trip to nationals for a while is a tough ask.

Reply #145514 | Report this post

*8mile  
Years ago

Why is it played in a HOME venue? Fairness says a venue in Melbourne would have been more fair?

Reply #145536 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

where can we get boxscores?

Reply #145537 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

seable?....abl?..national finals?...

more drinks anyone?? :)

Reply #145539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bottom line - the SEABL comp is a stronger competition, even the teams finishing at the bottom of the pool would be top four in any other ABL comp than SEABL.

All to do with population, money/ sponsorship and opportunities to play against strong teams week in, week out. In Adel, once you go past the top four, there is not a lot of challenges.

And it is a mute point about bad luck that North came up against a class unit like Geelong first round. If North were ever going to be good enough to win an Aust Championship, they have to beat the best sometime.

Reply #145553 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Very true.

Think the bigger part to it as well is that SA teams see the state league title as the pinacle of their year, whereas SEABL teams see the conference championship as something that allows them to compete in the nationals, not a bonus but something they strive to achieve.

I think this comes with the money side of the sport too, most Adelaide teams find cheap ways to get their teams to play in the nationals where teams on the eastern seaboard spend big money to ensure their teams have best chance ie, travel a day earlier, massuers etc

Reply #145554 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How far did Geelong have to travel?

Reply #145663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geelong went to Newcastle last year and won the whole thing.

Reply #145666 | Report this post

cats07  
Years ago

For the record, the pre-Commonwealth games capacity of the Arena was 1450 seats, 250 in corporate boxes and 600 standing room, that's 2300 in total. For the Comm games 150 seats were removed (5 rows of the Grandstand) The gallery was converted in 8 super corporate boxes and the capacity now stads at 1300 seats, 350 corporate boxes and 300 standing room which is 1950 total, which is what we had in for the SEABL GF this year.

Reply #146444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754