Anonymous
Years ago

ABA Rules - Salary Cap?

What is the story with ABA rules for SA teams in terms of salary cap??

Topic #12496 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Is the cap about to get even smaller?

Reply #145507 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Yes Isaac it goes to $15000 next year with a 60 / 40 maximum split still in place.

Reply #145510 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So next year, Dusty will have to play for nicks.

15K doesn't even cover his petrol money.

Reply #145511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it so...

How many players are lost to football because of this??

Reply #145518 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

just out of curiosity what are the salary caps for the other 4 leagues?

Reply #145524 | Report this post

PT  
Years ago

There's a salary cap for the CABL?? There are no salary caps for the other leagues AFAIK

Reply #145526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs decide their own expenditure on players each season in SEABL and BigV. Guess Waratah and QABL are the same??

Seems SA will not produce a ABA winner until they have a level playing field with other leagues.

Footy takes players in Vic but at least some stay for a few bucks plus imports or NBL players are not going to play for free.

Reply #145527 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Difference is clubs interstate seem to be able to make money, whereas clubs in SA are struggling to make ends meet

Reply #145529 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Thats because most of the clubs have to play out of tin sheds that barely seat 200. The quality of game is there, its just that most people cant be bothered going when they cant even get a seat.

Reply #145531 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

Very true Spinner, i saw about 10 games this season, but there were nights when the reason i didnt go was i didnt want drive over to the other side of town to stand up for 4 hours watching the games!.. I would be quite happy to pay $10 to get in if it guaranteed me a seat!

The clubs are in a catch 22 situation, money is needed to extend or refurbish stadiums to attract more people, but more people wont come because the stadiums are not big enough to guarantee a seat!

wish i knew the answer!

Reply #145543 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I don't believe there is a salary cap for SEABL or Big V but it costs a fair bit to participate in these leagues.
More costs to participate and bigger prize money. This leads to better imports, attracting more fans, bigger better stadiums etc etc.

Reply #145547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The answer is called the Government. Get conservative ass Mike Rann outta there and get someone in there that actually wants to spend some money!! Yeah they helped out with the Dome, but there's more to the struggle of Basketball than just the Dome!

Reply #145680 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754