hoops
Years ago

Boomers rule?

My new rule for selection into the Boomers team for 2008 Olympics? If you have played in the NBA before your an automatic selection. Full stop no questions asked.
My team is
Starters

1-Bruton
2-Newley
3-Sammy Mac
4-Anderson
5-Bogut

Bench
1-Mee
2-Ingles
3-Saville
4-Nielsen
5-Schenscher

Mills, Anstey to round out the 12.
Not a Kendall, Hinder or Worthington in sight.

Now that team would push for a medal? Anyone agree?

Topic #12504 | Report this topic

Nino  
Years ago

Like that team...but Nielsen would have to start. Isnt he tearing it up in Europe??

Reply #145668 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

nielsen hasn't been tearing it up to the extent that andersen has...for such an extended period.

and what's with this NBA rule? why does what mee did 10 years ago get him into the current team??

this is my FULL STRENGTH team:

C Andrew Bogut/Luke Schenscher
PF David Andersen/Matt Nielsen
SF Sam Mackinnon(c)/Mark Worthington
SG Glen Saville/Brad Newley
PG CJ Bruton/Patt Mills/Aaron Bruce

Reply #145669 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

going by the played in the nba automatic starter, wouldny you have to start mee then

Reply #145671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon hoops has it spot on the money, i wouldnt make no changes wit that side.

Reply #145672 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

my bad didnt read fully

Reply #145673 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

yep i agree awesome team hoops

Reply #145674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plan for 2012 now, thats when we can medal. Must have

Mills/Bruce
Newley/Ingles
Bogut/Ogilvy

Put them with

Bruton/Saville
McKinnon/Neilson
Anderson/Anstey

Will do well now and set core group for future.

Reply #145675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaron Bruce just lost his chance to go to the Olympics. Welcome Patrick Mills to the Australian senior team.

Reply #145677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Callum Baynes and Iti are notable names missing from this thead.

Reply #145681 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anstey dosn't make the 10? NBA experience.

I'd throw in Anstey over Schenscher, just cause I havn't seen any of Schenscher game.

The only thing I dont like about your "If you have played in the NBA before your an automatic selection" means we will see Shane Heal suiting up again. LOL

Reply #145686 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

and Gaze........

Reply #145689 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

and Longley...

Reply #145693 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I agree hoops - that is the best team we can take - maybe Mills to give him experience ... get these no names Sydney Kings guy out of the team.

Reply #145700 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Has Bradtke thrown in the towel yet??? He played a season wit` Philly a while back... Much like the Mee inclusion somewhat rediculous - even as smart and savvy as the guy is (since his game is predicated on being able to move around with the young pups - not spot up shooting like Gaze and Oscar Schmidt - who was an effective plyer for Brazil into his late 30`s and beyond...) ... IMHO...

PS - Is NBA summer league REALLY NBA???

Reply #145702 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I like the looks of that team too. Even if they didnt win a medal, I reckon theyd be an entertaining team to watch. I personally would pick Anstey ahead of Schenscher. I may be wrong considering I havent seen much of Luke, but I reckon Anstey would provide more of an inside/outside option.

Reply #145707 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

hoops team is pretty much on the money except I'm not to sure if we'd get away with two small point guards in Mills and CJ. I'd like to try it and see, but just not 100% sure.

Anstey in 2012 will be utilizing a walk frame... Stupidity... Try Maric instead. In 4 years time I'm not taking Saville either. Replace him with Kickert.

Iti, no don't think so. Hasn't done all that much in College and the Boomers will be good at the centre position.

Reply #145721 | Report this post

Johhny Sack  
Years ago

Iti has been somewhat disappointing given the huge raps on him in High School, but the guy has been used off the bench by the Aggies and he can play - (from what i have seen of him) offensively he`s meerly average but defensively he is just what we need - a big, athletic, nimble (for his size) player who is WILLING and able to play defence... I`d like to see him get a look at the very least...

Reply #145736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754