Bryant/Redd
Miller/James/Prince
Anthony/Stoudimire
Howard/Chandler

Do they have mix right??

Topic #12516 | Report this topic

jules  
Years ago

would look a lot better if bosh didnt withdraw - still...that is the best backcourt a US team has had in a while

Reply #145853 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I read somewhere that J.Kidd is 28-0 in international games... amazing considering the games they have dropped in the last 6 years. Winner.

Personally I would have 'Melo starting at 3, and Stoudemire at 4.

James off the bench, what other country could claim that depth..wow.

Reply #145864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""Team USA have been selected

Kidd/Williams/Billups
Bryant/Redd
Miller/James/Prince
Anthony/Stoudimire
Howard/Chandler

Do they have mix right??
you have""

You have it wrong

James is starting at the 3, not miller. and stoudemire is the starting centre with howard his backup

C Stoudemire/Howard
PF Anthony/Chandler
SF James/Miller/Prince
SG Bryant/Redd
Pg Kidd/Billups/Williams

Reply #145867 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

I can understand the reasoning behind having Melo at the four he can spread the floor giving Amare and Dwight iso down low

Reply #145868 | Report this post

Dog 78  
Years ago

Heard on the ESPN podcast that Coach K has already named Kobe, LeBron and Melo as three starters.

One can only assume Kidd will start at point, with Coack K leaning toward starting Howard.

IMHO, Billups should not make the team. He is one of my favourite players but with Kidd playing most of the game and with Williams and even Kobe or LeBron sharing the remaining minutes at the point, there is no reason for him to be there.

Besides, the team has enough shooting options anyway. Unlike previous USA squads, opponents won't be able to sag off shooters like Williams, Redd, Kobe and Miller.

Give the spot to another big guy. If Chandler or Howard goes down, they'll be in trouble.

Reply #145872 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Good post Dog, I would of preferred a big over a 3rd PG. They seem a little thin in the big man department. Chandler would have to be the backup centre, he can't play at the PF. Howard and Chandler at the C with Amare and Melo at the PF.

I would of taken Collision over Billups. If between Kidd and Williams, the US can't man the point then they never will and having Billups is a little strange.

I guess Billups comes in due to the loss of Bosh.

Reply #145876 | Report this post

doosh  
Years ago

Kobe, Melo, Lebron, Kidd and Stoudemire wil be the starting 5.

Also Kobe, Carmelo and Kidd will be named Co-Captains of the team.

Reply #145878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are these big guys anyway. I know stoudamire but thats about it! No duncan? No Boozer? Garnett?

Reply #145880 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

You don't know who Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler are???

and you returned from Mars when????

Reply #145883 | Report this post

EDIZZLE  
Years ago

duncan?? wasnt born in the states was he??

Reply #145889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was born in the Virgin Islands, but has represented the US in the past. I beleive he played in the 04 Olympics, and would of played in Sydney but withdrew due to injury.

Reply #145895 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Mars, Bahahaha.....

Reply #145937 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754