Isaac
Years ago

36ers Academy squad announced

The 2007/08 36ers Academy squad has been announced and features promising talent from all ten ABL clubs.

View the team roster

Topic #12523 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Scott Ninnis talks to Boti Nagy:

"We'll train twice a week, with individuals (sessions) during the week as well," he said. "The guys also will have a strength and conditioning program and off-court sessions on things such as life skills and financial planning."

Matches in and against teams from Mt Gambier and Mildura also are on the drawing board.

Full article

Reply #145955 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Sounds like a big commitment for the guys.

Would have to be the strongest Academy squad on reckon you'd think - a lot of ABL teams coming up against that side in pre-season matches are going to go down

Reply #145971 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

*record

Reply #145973 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

ha ha what a joke... there are a few people that would be disappointed not being selected. Typical polotics!

Reply #145990 | Report this post

Dog 78  
Years ago

Anon, who would those be?

Looks like a pretty well rounded squad to me...

Reply #145992 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I couldn't really think of any glaring omissions either.

Reply #145994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL

Anon, obviously one of those guys who thinks he is better than he is.

Reply #146001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are you from Southern or west then going on the above thought process?

Reply #146009 | Report this post

Dog 78  
Years ago

West? Are you questioning the inclusion of their three players?

Reply #146011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really strong squad, everyone deserves their spot, Wish the guys well.

Reply #146023 | Report this post

polotics  
Years ago

Interested in expanding on what those "polotics" might be you anon tool?

Reply #146024 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Tom Cioffi and Jordan Kies!?! Probably wouldn't have selected those two in my view... but otherwise everyone else seems worthy of a spot.

Reply #146038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry for my ignorance but who is Andrew Braham and Phil Brown?
Cant remember them doing much in the ABA games I saw. I know I didnt see all their games but Just havent heard of them, but sure they probably deserve it

Reply #146076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both state reps, Brown was captain this year. Little opportunity in ABA this year but deserving of their spots

Reply #146108 | Report this post

Big Fish Dogg  
Years ago

Braham is a Sturt junior. Late developer, but has come on in leaps & bounds the past few years. Long, wirey body - could develop nicely if he manages to put some weight on.

Brown is probably a step slow, but is a solid floor leader. Hasn't seen a whole lot of PT for the Tigers senior team due to a bit of a glut at the 1 & 2 spots. A state rep from top age U16s right through.

Agree with "balling is life" in that Kies & Cioffi are probably the only questionable inclusions.

The Academy has done good things for the initial group they took in (including Gerlach, Zorich, Sutton, E. Burdon etc.). Hopefully in 3-4 years time we'll see the blokes invited into the Academy this year being major contributors for their ABL sides, and even pushing for 36ers spots.

Reply #146112 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754