Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Patrick Mills

"the third indigenous athlete ever to play for Australia's national team"

Who were the other two? Danny Morseu was one. The other?

Topic #12536 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Ahmatt, c'mon Moses!

Reply #146042 | Report this post

anonomyous  
Years ago

Micheal Ahmatt,
I had him for a coach for a little while, many years ago at South.
They named their clubroom after him,thats the place in the corner with no bar and nobody goes to

Reply #146043 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Correct. 1964 Tokyo Olympics.

Reply #146044 | Report this post

KD  
Years ago

i thought this was about patty mills. what a superstar the NBA is calling!!!

Reply #146053 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Don't get Jules worked up.......

Reply #146061 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

How tall is he? Is he too short/thin for the NBA? I know short guys can make the NBA, but they have to be insanely quick, like TJ Ford, Mugsy.

Reply #146069 | Report this post

too small  
Years ago

Far to small for the NBA. It was against the Kiwis. Wait until the Olympics and see how he goes there, and if he has good one, then maybe you can talk about an International career.

Reply #146077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hes not far too small hes insanely quick no doubt he can make NBA he'll be Australia's next big thing, Shane Heal described him as fastest guy hes ever seen on a court and Mills is about 5 foot 11 not that small, last time i checked shane heal had played in the NBA

Reply #146091 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

hes going to college in usa right? so i'm sure he'll do ok ova there...

Reply #146093 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Shane Heal played in the NBA as a shooter. Always room for a shooter as a role player.

I wasn't knocking Mills, just that he looks very small. 5"11 is tiny for the NBA and he would need to be super quick to make the grade.

Reply #146098 | Report this post

mac  
Years ago

yeah doctor...coz mills isnt already insanly quick

and 'too small' the bloke is 19 years old playing on the world stage, representing his country for the first time. Give him a f^&#@ng break. what he has done already is amazing

Reply #146106 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

does anyone know which college he is going 2.?? surely he must be going to a D1 college

Reply #147751 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

St Mary's.... play in the WCC, not a strong conference. Only other school of note are the Zags...

St Mary's seems to be the Aussie College, along with Utah. Three Aussies on the team.

Reply #147754 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

Hey the doctor has a very reasonable point and he isn't knocking mills, he is right. Mills is 5'11 and even if he is already quick it will be extremely difficult for him to get minutes in the NBA.
Anybody remember Dee Brown at Illinois? arguably the best player of that basketball team yet several players got drafted higher then him such as deron williams and luther head yet Dee brown had very similar if not better stats then these two. Now Dee stands just under 6"1 and believe me he is twice the bullet Patty Mills is. So if a player like Dee Brown struggles to make it i cant see Patty Mills being there, especially playing in only the WCC.
But i agree that he is a super talent and hopes that he will one day be capable of playing in the NBA, it would be brilliant for Aussie basketball

Reply #147759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did u know my name is tianna mills.

Reply #148332 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No, I personally thought that it was Anonymous....

Wow!

Reply #148335 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

so he is going to st marys?? that sounds ver strange. I thought he would have the ability to go to a much better, well known program like Texas,USC,Univ of Washington,Kansas,Kentucky,Duke or UNC...but St Marys?
Yea your right too TR, the WCC is a weak conference. Only good teama are probably Gonzaga or Loyola Marymount, where Damien Martyn and Matty Knight went.

Reply #152605 | Report this post

A*spader  
Years ago

I think everyone here has underestimated how quick this guy is. I've played against some really good ballers, and he is bar the quickest by a LONG way. This guy is seriously as quick as a Tony Parker no problem and his D is some of the best I have ever seen. With no injuries, he'll make the NBA draft I'm sure.

Reply #187897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have seen talent and he has a legit shot.

Reply #189042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes so speeeeedy

Reply #200724 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754