Isaac
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers back to its roots

The Adelaide 36ers will continue to establish a strengthening relationship with 'grassroots' basketball this weekend by visiting and coaching Junior District clubs.

On Friday night, all players will visit Junior Basketball stadiums to promote the 'Junior Basketball Player' season ticket offer available, and following that up on Sunday by visiting and coaching Junior club teams.

Visit the 36ers site to see which players will be at which stadiums.

Topic #12565 | Report this topic

Phil McKracken  
Years ago

Great idea but poor timing. This could have been done weeks ago.

Disrupt trainings before the finals. Not that clubs were building up to that at all. Its all just about participating.

Reply #146281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice to know Lions still get forgotten!!!! Then wonder why they struggle

Reply #146288 | Report this post

Ostrich 40  
Years ago

isn't it finals now?

How many Lions teams made finals, and hence are still training?

Keep passing the blame anon.

Reply #146290 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

PWNED?

Reply #146296 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Actually I didn't see Morphett Vale either. Most of Fridays and some Saturday teams have finished for the year so i agree is it poor timing and also shows how out of touch some people are. They need to be more active regurlay through the year so that a relationship is formed with the community.

If you watch the AFL clubs, nearly each week or at least once a month they hold a coaching clinic or family day the next day after they play a home game. You can not just show up at the beggining of your season hoping to sell more tickets. And if Morphett Vale and Starplex are not being catered for, Why not? All that shows to me is a total lack of professionalism and because they are a bit further out they do not matter. These families and players, (especially Centrals), travel huge distances throughout the year and are forgotten in these clinics. I would say these clubs if snubbed will forget the sixers when it comes to buying season tickets or going to their games throughout the year. (excuse the spelling, in a rush).

Reply #146299 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Did both these clubs respond to the invitation from 36ers to be involved? Maybe one to to look inside for the reasons, instead of blaming others

Reply #146305 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Pretty empty criticism anyway. A positive is a positive, and you have to start somewhere. Remember the team only came together for the first time last week.

For mine it is pretty lame when you can only criticise a good endeavour by saying 'well they should have done it better'.

Reply #146319 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

Couldn't agree with you more XY. I would hate to be living some of these posters mundane lives when all they do is try and find negatives in any situation.

Reply #146331 | Report this post

IOP  
Years ago

Well I guess if it such a great idea the dome will be full. You people have know idea how basketball is struggling and the continuel excuses and the slack work done by basketball people in this state will just send basketball further into the wilderness.

Reply #146428 | Report this post

Poor Beaver  
Years ago

Great idea to play pre season games on the nights most junoir finals are on 6ers.

Seems the Mal brigade is talking the talk, but not walking the walk!

Look up sporting pulse and actually do some pre planning for your pre season games guys, other wise you will be left with an empty Dome with "40 new plasmas" broadcasting to nobody.

Reply #148442 | Report this post

Sameoldsameold  
Years ago

The 36ers coming out to the stadiums was a joke.

They looked disinterested and left as soon as they could.

Now they plan on playing games when juniors are on. Thanks again for making good decisions.

I just hope that BSA don't fold and move junior games for the sake of the 36ers who STILL are doing nothing for basketball in this State.

Reply #148448 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

sunday training was good though (they could coach/join in more). friday games, I guess they don't want to take over from the coach.

Reply #148454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754