ritz
Years ago

New look Dome

I was there playing Monday night, the painting etc looks really good. I noticed theres our new logo on the floor, will they keep the floor sponsor free?

Topic #12583 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

not likely given the advertising $ they get from it - which keeps the club afloat

Reply #146462 | Report this post

Astor 90  
Years ago

anon - the stadium owner is eddy. the team 'owner' is mal.

Reply #146466 | Report this post

Astor 78  
Years ago

Word is mal is pushing strongly to have little to no advertising on the floor

Reply #146469 | Report this post

Astor 102  
Years ago

In terms of return on sponsorship $, i reckon the rolling signs around the sidelines are better value for a sponsor than decals on the floor.

No one ever reads whats on the floor, but everytime those things roll over, you cant but help but look at them.

Also a clean style floor just looks so good.

Reply #146474 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Not to mention how slippery the sponsors signs are to play on

Reply #146479 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

is the court a bit more stickier at the moment?? finally!?!

Reply #146485 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

how are the rats looking??? any improvements???

Reply #146487 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Rats are looking good, they no where top-hats and can speak. Quite an upgrade really.

Reply #146488 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The floor is so much more stickier than it was .

Reply #146489 | Report this post

skink aka wayno  
Years ago

if you look at the sixers web site theres a list of improvements and when they are due to be done.

Reply #146491 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

The floor looks good but I really don't like the red key's. Blue looks so much better and makes more sense seeing that blue is the 36ers main colour.

Reply #146494 | Report this post

Pugsley  
Years ago

Have to agree about the keyways. They really look out of place, especially since we don't wear a red uniform to match it. The only time it looked good in red was when we were sponsored by West End 'Eagle Super', and we wore the red Eagle Super Sixers uniforms to match.

On another court related note, have they done anything at the ends of the court? At the ABL grand finals it looked like the ends of the courts had just been sanded back, then varnished over the top. It was very patchy and in some places it looked like they had left the sander in the one place for too long and burnt sections of it. Looked really unprofessional, so i hope they've done something with it

Reply #146506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please change the keyway or I'll jump in my car and head down to the dome with my bucket of blue paint!

Reply #146509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please change the keyway or I'll jump in my car and head down to the dome with my bucket of blue paint!

Reply #146510 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ends of court seemed o.k. (last week) I didn't notice it being patchy. Kinda looked like a new floor all over to me ..

Reply #146514 | Report this post

Astor 102  
Years ago

Red keyway looked fine to me.

Reply #146521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"On another court related note, have they done anything at the ends of the court?"

No they havent. YET. Remember last season I believe that part was covered in a sponsor sticker so just wait till the season starts and all the signage is done. There is still a LOT more to come.

Reply #146523 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

do you know if they have upgraded the bar facilities and will they be pouring beer from the taps come first home game vs woolongong...
i know last year they were'nt ready and he had to wait until about the fourth home game.............

Reply #146633 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754