igotmadskills
Years ago

thundersticks + horns.

The sixers cheer squad had a couple of the thundersticks and they worked quite well. I noticed they are the cricket ones. any idea if the sixers are gonna get some sorted.

A couple of blokes with the horns also added to the atmosphere. The trumpet guy was also quite good.

bring on that type of thing i recon it added to the game. Lets get atmosphere like college games in the States where they have the band going nutz.

waiting for the merchandise to improve its only 1/3 of the way through the season. Sixers management should aim for the week after the playoffs i recon.

catch ya

Topic #1259 | Report this topic

thunderstick  
Years ago

dunno if these are what ur talkin bout, but i reken there was somethin like that in todays Advertiser...near the write up for yesterdays game
But ur 100% right, atmosphere might bring in the corwds. Its still to expensive tho

Reply #14328 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You can get the cricket thundersticks from 3 shops

Reply #14343 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I remember seeing a flick of an NBA game where Larry Bird was shooting free throws and the crowd was trying to put him off by waving full sized pictures of women in bikinis. That would certainly create a bit of interest at the Dome :-)

Reply #14390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wish everyone had cow bells, 5000 cow bells would sound crazy.

Reply #14392 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Bloody Oath, the 6ers crowd need an identity, bells, balloons, anything!
All we got is that dude who blows his trumpet when the opposition misses a T/F

I might try and sneak my air horn in to try and put the other team off ;-)

Reply #14400 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Pegs, I'm old enough to remember that Cletics game with the bikini photos.

Charles D Smith, Danny Manning and Co of the Clippers v an aging Larry Bird and the Celtics.

..... and the crazy old man laughed, and swished both shots like the pro he was.

Reply #14448 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I'm not sure if drums are banned in the Dome, but that's one worth trying if they are not. Kings' fans in Sydney did this to our players at the last game. The sound was deafening and thought it was very distractive. I'm not sure if the players were affected by them although Maher did miss a free throw.

Reply #14462 | Report this post

TOMBO  
Years ago

Hello all, I think tomorrow night for the new years party everyone should bring balloons and thundersticks just to make it festive!

Reply #17339 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Kriss, dont mean to rain on your parade, but an airhorn would be pretty irresponsible.

Considering the bench uses a horn (aerosol type one) as a backup when the crowd is too loud for the usual sound signals to work, using an airhorn could stop play in its tracks, and possibly work to the 6ers disadvantage (not to mention, it has the potential to earn the team a bench technical foul [happened in Wollongong not too long ago]), so I would suggest leaving it at home, find another way to make some noise :)

Reply #17362 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Yogee, there is nothing more deafening than the drums played in the Sydney game on 3rd November. Why was nothing done about that? At least with horns, they make a loud noise in short spurts as opposed to drums continually beating throughout the free throw period.

Reply #17367 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Oh, how silly of me. I forgot that I was talking about Sydney!

Reply #17368 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Because a drum cannot be confused with a game signal (sub buzzer, timing buzzer etc), hence why they would be allowed.

There would also be individual stadium policies as to what is and is not allowed.

Reply #17369 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone remember the Razors fans almost drowning out the entire home crowd in game 3 of the last championship series at the Powerhouse? That was huge.

They had some drums I think and the rest was just yelling.

Reply #17396 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yeah, created a great atmosphere.

I am surprised that the 6ers dont have the thundersticks, they seem to work a treat.

If getting some of these things manufactured is a problem cost wise, why not see if they can share ideas with either The Crows or the Power, and share manufacturing costs. Mind you, I dont think thundersticks would cost much to make.

Reply #17399 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Im buying some from the shops tonight, surely they wont cost more than 5 bucks and i encourage YOU to do the same. Lets get a great atmosphere going in the next few home games!

Reply #17403 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

i would buy some, but there are rules I have to follow about barracking from the media bench :)

Reply #17407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754